Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
His poor pass straight to the Chelsea player but then his commitment to win it back pretty much sums up his day for me. Basic errors but he worked hard and put in a shift.

I can definitely see him being a staple in the team, especially in how he supports Lukaku. His cross to to him in between defenders was almost perfect. Also unlucky not to score today. I can see 9 or 10 goals from him (never thought I would say that).

His poor pass straight to the Chelsea player but then his commitment to win it back pretty much sums up his day for me. Basic errors but he worked hard and put in a shift.

I can definitely see him being a staple in the team, especially in how he supports Lukaku. His cross to to him in between defenders was almost perfect. Also unlucky not to score today. I can see 9 or 10 goals from him (never thought I would say that).

Spot on that.

Kone put a decent shift in today, including defensively where he was first to quite a few corners and was denied a goal by a superb save. Decent performance.

Having Kone Playing at the same time as Lukaku, even in 4-3-3 means that we can switch during the game from the 1 central striker to 2, to suit our needs.

Having Kone Playing at the same time as Lukaku, even in 4-3-3 means that we can switch during the game from the 1 central striker to 2, to suit our needs.
also both are happy to go wide for a time and you still have a man to replace him in the middle.

Kone has done well this season. Hope he stays fit if he can play like this.

Haha that "pass" was hilariously bad, he looked up, saw Coleman and instead of just moving the ball to make the angle for the pass just kicked it straight at the defender! Made me laugh, then swear.. But then he won it back so i couldn't get too mad.

He does leave us exposed down the flank defensively when he plays wide but he deserves credit for not being the absolutely awful footballer he seemed.

Haha that "pass" was hilariously bad, he looked up, saw Coleman and instead of just moving the ball to make the angle for the pass just kicked it straight at the defender! Made me laugh, then swear.. But then he won it back so i couldn't get too mad.

He does leave us exposed down the flank defensively when he plays wide but he deserves credit for not being the absolutely awful footballer he seemed.

Think it's a little harsh to say he leaves us exposed. He tracks back and works hard, especially for a striker..

Also; I haven't seen a striker of his size win so many headers from corners before.

Think it's a little harsh to say he leaves us exposed. He tracks back and works hard, especially for a striker..

Also; I haven't seen a striker of his size win so many headers from corners before.

He doesn't do it all the time obviously, he will work back, but just sometimes he switches off and lets someone go.

Not all players can be like Lennon though of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back