Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. He does everything Lukaku can't yet. He's been very useful so far this season and it won't kill you to say so.
mate, lukaku scores goals, bullies defenders and even gets assists.

kones got 2 goals and 1 assist in like 20 games.

He's really, really not very good.

He'd hardly get in the team for a newly promoted side, he's just neat and tidy on the ball, thats it.

He'd hardly get in the team for a newly promoted side, he's just neat and tidy on the ball, thats it.
Lukaku doesn't bully defenders unless he's running onto the ball, which he can't do if teams sit deep. Kone is currently a good foil for him and just because you aren't willing to alter your opinion on him....you have to declare he's average, which he isn't.

Lukaku doesn't bully defenders unless he's running onto the ball, which he can't do if teams sit deep. Kone is currently a good foil for him and just because you aren't willing to alter your opinion on him....you have to declare he's average, which he isn't.
I changed my opinion to decide that after he was injured he was useless.

I've watched the games he's played in and he really hasn't done anything special, he did well in one game where he got a goal and assist, and other than that he's just been there.

He's a back up striker who doesn't score goals, or a right winger who doesn't really threaten when we're attacking.

Easier to be right when you carefully consider your opinions instead of trying to be a jarg talksport shock jock.

Evertonians are better than this tripe. It's all the computer game playing under 30s. We sadly inherited a generation of geordiekopites.

Korgies.

image-7-for-top-10-national-treasures-gallery-941251981.jpg

I changed my opinion to decide that after he was injured he was useless.

I've watched the games he's played in and he really hasn't done anything special, he did well in one game where he got a goal and assist, and other than that he's just been there.

He's a back up striker who doesn't score goals, or a right winger who doesn't really threaten when we're attacking.
Ok so we don't keep the ball better and Kone doesn't interchange with Lukaku and keep attacks by using his body well.

He's been alright so far this season, only a flute would argue otherwise

Ok so we don't keep the ball better and Kone doesn't interchange with Lukaku and keep attacks by using his body well.
We'd do that with ANY player who is comfortable on the ball though, the problem is that's his only asset is being ok with the ball.

He's been alright so far this season, only a flute would argue otherwise

Being 'alright' doesn't really equate to much though does it, he offers not much going forward, and nothing defensively.

We'd do that with ANY player who is comfortable on the ball though, the problem is that's his only asset is being ok with the ball.

Being 'alright' doesn't really equate to much though does it, he offers not much going forward, and nothing defensively.
We don't have that many players comfortable with bringing the ball down. He's an asset on the pitch at the moment.

He offers good hold up play in attack and most importantly takes men away from rom.

And in defence he was great defending corners against chelsea

He offers good hold up play in attack and most importantly takes men away from rom.

And in defence he was great defending corners against chelsea
One header out of the box from a corner doesn't make up for the number of times he lets his runner go past him without batting an eyelid.

He offers good hold up play, for the most part.

But that isn't enough to justify a starting position, never mind a new contract.

One header out of the box from a corner doesn't make up for the number of times he lets his runner go past him without batting an eyelid.

He offers good hold up play, for the most part.

But that isn't enough to justify a starting position, never mind a new contract.

He cleared about 10 corners with headers.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel you are being overly critical of a player who offers far more than you would like to admit.

Hold up play, distribution, pace, 2 assists and 1 goal so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back