Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cleared about 10 corners with headers.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I feel you are being overly critical of a player who offers far more than you would like to admit.

Hold up play, distribution, pace, 2 assists and 1 goal so far.
I was one of his biggest defenders through out his time as a injured player, so why would i be overly critical of him now.

I say it how i see it, and i don't think he's anywhere near the level needed for a starting premier league player.

He just isn't very good, not since his injury anyway.

Him being played as a right winger does upset me tbh. If he was up front alongside Lukaku today, I wouldn't mind it as much. Like in a 4-4-2 diamond formation, we've got the players to play that system out there today

2 goals by the way, not one.

Not that it makes it any more impressive.

It makes it doubly impressive...

I have no problem with him starting: he's capable of holding the ball in the final third; he offers a good outlet for Lukaku; and he contributes well defending set pieces. He's not as individually gifted a player as Deulofeu or Mirallas, but his selection makes sense based on the system we play, in which he can be an important component of the overall team.

I think people's enthusiasm for him this season is partly based on the satisfaction of seeing the guy validate himself after two difficult years. I'd expect Lennon, when fully ready, might take his place, but Kone's done pretty well this season, no more, no less.

2 assists and 1 goal in 5. Plus the hold up play which is non existent with Rom atm.
it's 2 goals and 1 assist* in 22, not five.

For all this link up play with rom he's not exactly creating much out of it.

I think you're just trying to make him seem better than he is because you're on a buzz from evertons ok start.

*i'm not sure if he has 2 assists, i don't think he does but if he does, fair enough.

I think you're just trying to make him seem better than he is because you're on a buzz from evertons ok start.

*i'm not sure if he has 2 assists, i don't think he does but if he does, fair enough.

Assisted Barkley against Watford and Lukaku against Soton IIRC.

Personally I think using 22 matches when 17 of them were unfit/coming back from a near career ending injury is harsh.

Let's just be happy he's fit and contributing.

2 assists. The layoff for Barkley and the cross for Rom.

Stats are useful but what Kone's bringing at the moment doesn't always show up in them. He's been putting a hell of a shift in and is one of our only players who when receiving a pass, can make it stick and hold onto it to bring others into play. As a small added bonus, he's also been very useful at defending corners.

No one thinks he's Messi all of a sudden, but he's no longer the worst player in the team and in fact, has been one of our most consistent performers.

whatever our opinions of him are we all still WANT him to do well / offer something to the team

i personally thing he's average and people are just making it out like he's better than he is, others don't

i still want him to score a hatrick today though

whatever our opinions of him are we all still WANT him to do well / offer something to the team

i personally thing he's average and people are just making it out like he's better than he is, others don't

i still want him to score a hatrick today though

It's hard to judge him as his position/role is kind of being adapted.

On current form I'd say he's a poor striker, but a very solid wide/supporting forward.

It's hard to judge him as his position/role is kind of being adapted.

On current form I'd say he's a poor striker, but a very solid wide/supporting forward.
I'd say poor striker, and poor winger to be honest mate.

Worth a place on the bench until the end of the season, and then shift him out for someone better / more worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back