Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would have taken off rom for Gerry and put kone up top... Was playing better and his hold up play is much better than rom.... Tom was having a bad day and should have been the one to go IMO.... I remember seeing kone in the World Cup when he played for psv.. He looked quality... When Wigan signed home I was shocked as I rated him... Then I thought he was turd.... Then he came here and I thought he wasn't even " that good" .... Now???? I am pleased to realise I was right the first time :)

kone.jpg

As much as i want Kone to do well for us, he isnt bringing anything to our side as a winger, when Gerri or lennon come on, they look threatening off the wings, Kone doesnt and he often ends up in the middle. he works hard but he isnt a winger, why play him there? when lennon is on the ball he is so quick and gets himself into great positions.

Showing he's a good player and a useful one.

Occupies the second centre half and holds the ball up brilliant, high up the pitch.

A worthy squad player and right now is playing well enough to warrant a start.

Occupies the second centre half and holds the ball up brilliant, high up the pitch.

Rather see Deulofeu their myself mate or Lennon, not seeing this massive improvement some have said with regards to Lukaku having him playing.

Deulofeu once he gets fully fit - which hopefully tonight will give us more insight to how close he is, will help both Lukaku and Barkley massively, think Barkley's game for one immediately raises once Del's on the pitch.

Think tonight we will see both Lennon and Deulofeu getting a good run out so will be interesting how the team balance looks with wingers playing ;)

does he warrant a start as a winger? does he bring anything to that role?

I don't mind Kone - I see the value of him doing the basics that Lukaku is incapable of.

I'm not really a fan of sacrificing a winger against lesser sides, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back