Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind Kone - I see the value of him doing the basics that Lukaku is incapable of.

I'm not really a fan of sacrificing a winger against lesser sides, though.
It's fine as long as there is a winger on the pitch. Otherwise we really suffer from a lack of pace in the side ala Swansea.

does he warrant a start as a winger? does he bring anything to that role?

He isn't playing as a winger though is he mate? He's one of those 'inside forward' who will come inside hold the ball up and get Lukaku and Barkley into the game. He's effectively playing a Pienaar role.

It's freeing Lukaku up and the big Belgian should have capitalised and scored on Saturday.

Just my opinion of course

Rather see Deulofeu their myself mate or Lennon, not seeing this massive improvement some have said with regards to Lukaku having him playing.

Deulofeu once he gets fully fit - which hopefully tonight will give us more insight to how close he is, will help both Lukaku and Barkley massively, think Barkley's game for one immediately raises once Del's on the pitch.

Think tonight we will see both Lennon and Deulofeu getting a good run out so will be interesting how the team balance looks with wingers playing ;)

I'd like to see Deulofeu on the right and Kone playing that 'inside forward' role on the left.

Kone is getting us up the pitch and occupying the opposition defence and midfield, something which we are currently enjoying imo.

He isn't playing as a winger though is he mate? He's one of those 'inside forward' who will come inside hold the ball up and get Lukaku and Barkley into the game. He's effectively playing a Pienaar role.

It's freeing Lukaku up and the big Belgian should have capitalised and scored on Saturday.

Just my opinion of course

good point, however my opinion is that he is starting in that right or left midfield role, like you said hes not actually playing there so we are infact lacking out wide, not playing him and playing lennon/gerri would surely bring more balance to the squad with more pace out wide. hes playing well, no doubt about that, but hes not a wide player, which is where he is starting.

good point, however my opinion is that he is starting in that right or left midfield role, like you said hes not actually playing there so we are infact lacking out wide, not playing him and playing lennon/gerri would surely bring more balance to the squad with more pace out wide. hes playing well, no doubt about that, but hes not a wide player, which is where he is starting.

I think that's a very good point mate, playing Kone and Naismith means that we lack width. I don't think that would be a problem if Baines and Coleman were fit, but without them we need a winger in there - I agree.

Surely we are going to see Deulofeu tonight?

Surely?

He's clearly talking about 'form' rather than 'talent' mate.

Do you not think Kone has performed extremely well since the Watford game?
He's played one 'good' game for me, that was southampton, other than that... nope. He's been bang average, he hasn't been awful but he's hardly worth the place in the squad.

I think that's a very good point mate, playing Kone and Naismith means that we lack width. I don't think that would be a problem if Baines and Coleman were fit, but without them we need a winger in there - I agree.

Surely we are going to see Deulofeu tonight?

Surely?

in the perfect world we will, however in the Martinez world i wouldnt be suprised if we play Mccarthy, Barry, Gibson, Kone and Barkley. got a feeling thats gunna be the midfield. he should play lennon and Gerri tonight, without doubt. they need a good 90 mins for fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back