Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads of people could do it though, given the chance.

Just because he's in the team doesn't mean he is deserving of it? Moyes had his favourites, so does Martinez.

I hope we release him or look to sell him for a tiny fee in january, because he's literally no where near good enough.

No other club aiming for europe would have him.
what relevance does that have to anything? We are talking about Kone's qualities and what he does bring to the team. Pitching the second striker role to a player of the quality you seem to want is an incredibly difficult thing to do when we play Lukaku until he breaks down essentially. Kone has been bright and hopefully the goals come with it shortly now he's having a sustained period in the side.

Yep, fair enough.

Apologies.

But I can reference @Dithering Dougie can't I? I reckon he agrees with me 56.23% of the time which are pretty good odds?

Pushing my luck. Yep. Got it.

It's clear as day Kone helps us push further forward quicker mate and offers an alternate distraction than just Lukaku, it was a tactic Martinez used with him at Wigan at times as well.

The way I see it it not only frees up space for Lukaku it also gives Barkley room to run into as Kone takes up a higher position and the opposition retreat, it was something we did in Martinez first season as well with Mirallas and Deulofeu on the right staying high up and not covering back.

what relevance does that have to anything? We are talking about Kone's qualities and what he does bring to the team. Pitching the second striker role to a player of the quality you seem to want is an incredibly difficult thing to do when we play Lukaku until he breaks down essentially. Kone has been bright and hopefully the goals come with it shortly now he's having a sustained period in the side.
And i've said in a previous post i think Lennon offers just as good link up play, if not better.. but with better attributes offensively and defensively?

we disagree, i'm not going to ever criticize you for having an opinion like you go the game and so do i so it hardly matters.

i just don't rate him as much as you do, and i think we'll be much better off when he isn't anywhere near the starting 11.

And i've said in a previous post i think Lennon offers just as good link up play, if not better.. but with better attributes offensively and defensively?

we disagree, i'm not going to ever criticize you for having an opinion like you go the game and so do i so it hardly matters.

i just don't rate him as much as you do, and i think we'll be much better off when he isn't anywhere near the starting 11.
The team suffers when we don't play any natural wingers like at Swansea, but I think Kone's influence on the team has been a positive one so far this season. But as you say we don't see it the same so will leave it there and I will meet you at dinner xx

i've already done it in a previous post.

Imagine generalizing loads of people and not even reading what they have to say, thats massively ignorant.

He's played one 'good' game for me, that was southampton, other than that... nope. He's been bang average, he hasn't been awful but he's hardly worth the place in the squad.

he literally the most 'nothing' footballer we have in our starting 11

he's neat and tidy (sometimes) but he does nothing.

he's absolutely crap mate. theres no harshness about it. People are focusing on his one good attribute of being neat and tidy and ignoring the rest of his play that makes him awful.

he's playing wide midfield, he hardly ever gets a cross in, he wont properly support the full back offensively or defensively because his positioning on the right is absolutely turd.

he can't take on players because he doesn't have the skill, pace, or quickness of feet, and he wont track back or know how to defend because he's a bang average striker who is even more average on the wing.

He's been in a team thats done okay, but that doesn't directly relate to him, apart from southampton, thats literally his only 'good' performance. Other than that, he's been just average.

He shouldn't be keeping lennon, del, mirallas out the team by a long shot. Lennon offers exactly the same as him in the link up play department, whilst offering way more offensively and defensively..

and as for del and mirallas, both of them offer more goals, more assists an are about ten times better than him at every attacking aspect.

That's absolutely nothing special though it's literally his ONLY attribute, and when you mix that in with everything else, its what makes him average.

He's pretty crap, and we'll win more games without him than with him.

Aaron you've not mentioned what he's doing wrong once here, you've just called him "crap" and "absolutely crap" and he's "neat and tidy".

Like I said what's he done wrong? Or are you just ignorant to what Kones role in the team is?

Aaron you've not mentioned what he's doing wrong once here, you've just called him "crap" and "absolutely crap" and he's "neat and tidy".

Like I said what's he done wrong? Or are you just ignorant to what Kones role in the team is?
just ignoring the parts where i said i dont think he does enough offensively, or defensively or about his positioning or do you just struggle to read mate?

Do you accept that Lukaku looks less isolated with him on the pitch? And that we've got one of the least breached defences in the league?
I accepted Kone was utilised greatly against southampton, but not so much in any other game.

Kones okay coming off the bench against maybe teams who aren't that good, and in the league cup games.

but he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11, he's had his good game and i dont think he offers much else to the side and there are better options on the bench.

But you'll disagree with me now and we'll just be back and forth because neither of us are ever going to agree.

I accepted Kone was utilised greatly against southampton, but not so much in any other game.

Kones okay coming off the bench against maybe teams who aren't that good, and in the league cup games.

but he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11, he's had his good game and i dont think he offers much else to the side and there are better options on the bench.

But you'll disagree with me now and we'll just be back and forth because neither of us are ever going to agree.

You're still not answering Aaron, you're just saying he's not very good and we've got better options on the bench.

Stats obsessed Fifa soundbites by the sound of it and not looking at the facts in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back