Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're still not answering Aaron, you're just saying he's not very good and we've got better options on the bench.

Stats obsessed Fifa soundbites by the sound of it and not looking at the facts in front of you.
what are you on about you actual insufferable fool

i've listed what i don't rate about him, the fact you cant understand that is your own doing.

By the way, i don't play fifa at all, but even if i did that wouldn't reflect how i judge a player mate.

Seems like thats coming from your end, as you sit there in your boxies scratching your arse and sniffing your fingers afterwards, accusing anyone who doesn't rate a player that you do of being FIFA NERDZ LOLZ.

get a grip mate.

what are you on about you actual insufferable fool

i've listed what i don't rate about him, the fact you cant understand that is your own doing.

By the way, i don't play fifa at all, but even if i did that wouldn't reflect how i judge a player mate.

Seems like thats coming from your end, as you sit there in your boxies scratching your arse and sniffing your fingers afterwards, accusing anyone who doesn't rate a player that you do of being FIFA NERDZ LOLZ.

get a grip mate.

Calm down Aaron you can't always be wrong..

Doug giving credit to Kone for the defence being good this year is stretching it mate, bloke offers no protection - way less than lennon does and as an attacking outlet he doesnt pose anywhere the same threat as deulofeu or mirallas, youll be crediting him for barkleys form next like

get this season out of him and then call it quits, end of the day he's a forward who couldn't score in a brothel, if he someohow manages to start remembering where the net is then we can look at a one year deal at the end of the season, but would like to hope that we have the ambition to sign a better second forward option than Kone at some point before Rom dies from playing every minute of every game

get this season out of him and then call it quits, end of the day he's a forward who couldn't score in a brothel, if he someohow manages to start remembering where the net is then we can look at a one year deal at the end of the season, but would like to hope that we have the ambition to sign a better second forward option than Kone at some point before Rom dies from playing every minute of every game

Yep, there's just no way when he's stuck out on the wing that he's offering anywhere near the level of performance required that we could get from Lennon or Del.

His performances have improved this season, as in we've actually managed to get him on the pitch but for me, unless he gets 15 goals in all competitions I would be giving him a gentle kick out of Finch Farm at the end of the season.

Back to the bench and back up to Rom is what's needed imo

Surely hes being played to show his fitness prior to a january sale...

I hope...

Nope actually think he's been played as Martinez wanted a more physical player on the right who will cut in field more and someone who can hold the ball up better than Lukaku to allow us to break better, think what we are seeing from the role Kone is playing is what he would have earmarked for Yarmolenko should he have gotten his main target here, obviously a massive drop off between those two in talent level but system wise that seems to me anyway to be the idea

will see Deulofeu make that spot his own should he continue with the effort he's showing on both sides of the ball though soon enough

Keeper looks very weak.

Defence with Garbutt to come back and the younger players improving looks terriffic.

Midfield we are lacking a playmaker (and i would suggest beyond Mirallas and Deulofeu a quality winger though after Lennon i doubt we will add here now).

Attack we need someone to compete with Lukaku.

So 3 more players ideally, is kone good enough to compete with Deulofeu or Mirallas = NO.

Is he good enough to compete with Lukaku = NO.

Really hope theres a clear out of 5/6 players jan or the summer and he is one of them.

Nope actually think he's been played as Martinez wanted a more physical player on the right who will cut in field more and someone who can hold the ball up better than Lukaku to allow us to break better, think what we are seeing from the role Kone is playing is what he would have earmarked for Yarmolenko should he have gotten his main target here, obviously a massive drop off between those two in talent level but system wise that seems to me anyway to be the idea

will see Deulofeu make that spot his own should he continue with the effort he's showing on both sides of the ball though soon enough

Kone had a decent 20 minutes against Watford.

Been tosh since and it makes we weep a little seeing Deulofeu, Miralles and Lennon sat on teh bench while he lumbers around instead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back