Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we shall get rid of McGeady only in January and get Yarmolenko (the playmaker).

Keeper, I will go for Cillessen @ Ajax next summer.

Striker, Austin on a Bosman next summer.

What a shame Football Manager isn't on one of the Red Comrade Ban Lists, you absolute beaut

Reactions: FTY
i wonder if he was so poor last night because he's not ready to play 2 games in a week? odd martinez started him in that case...wish we had bough austin...sigh

He's a striker who's not playing as a striker. Naismith thrives in that role as he runs the channels, makes cheeky runs and is more handy then. Kone workes hard too and has the best chest control I've seen after Fellaini but he's likely to draw a lot of criticism when he doesn't score every now and then. He's not a playmaker too so the early couple of assists in the season were never gonna be a regular trait.

Awful, couldn't imagine any other team in the prem wanting him, he's had his chance, dhould be overlooking him now,and try and get shut of him in January,Scotland would seem a good place.

Keeper looks very weak.

Defence with Garbutt to come back and the younger players improving looks terriffic.

Midfield we are lacking a playmaker (and i would suggest beyond Mirallas and Deulofeu a quality winger though after Lennon i doubt we will add here now).

Attack we need someone to compete with Lukaku.

So 3 more players ideally, is kone good enough to compete with Deulofeu or Mirallas = NO.

Is he good enough to compete with Lukaku = NO.

Really hope theres a clear out of 5/6 players jan or the summer and he is one of them.

Hahahahaha not a great way to start an appraisal of our squad

I don't understand the need to review our entire squad after every game. Players sometimes play well and sometimes they don't .
A good performance doesn't make them a world beater and a bad performance doesn't make them a bad player.

We have seen that Kone has played very well in some key games for us this season and is playing a role that maybe is not natural to him.
Barry has been very good this season but his form last season was mixed. Just about every player could be praised or criticesed after every game.

I think a review at Christmas would be interesting where we will be able to judge over a period of games.

I think that we probably can agree on one thing though, that there will be a few more departures from the squad next summer than usual. Age and injury have caught up with a few. Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert to name just three

I don't understand the need to review our entire squad after every game. Players sometimes play well and sometimes they don't .
A good performance doesn't make them a world beater and a bad performance doesn't make them a bad player.

We have seen that Kone has played very well in some key games for us this season and is playing a role that maybe is not natural to him.
Barry has been very good this season but his form last season was mixed. Just about every player could be praised or criticesed after every game.

I think a review at Christmas would be interesting where we will be able to judge over a period of games.

I think that we probably can agree on one thing though, that there will be a few more departures from the squad next summer than usual. Age and injury have caught up with a few. Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert to name just three
Absolutely mate.
Kone had a brilliant game against Southampton and a poor one last night.

That doesn't make him a brilliant player, nor a poor one.

He's probably between the two, an able, useful squad player currently in the team to get more space for Lukaku. To me it's working yet Lukaku is having a bit of a dry patch.

I have never been a fan of this lad at all but this season there has been a definite improvement. If you stack his good performances against the not so good and poor his return is inadequate both in performance and goal return. His main problem is that he tries too much, his play is anxious, nervous and troubled bringing mistakes and missed opportunities. If Leandro is half the player he is claimed to be he should replace Kone in the foreseeable future. Kone is worthy of squad place but in my book he does not have a long shelf life at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back