Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeper looks very weak.

Defence with Garbutt to come back and the younger players improving looks terriffic.

Midfield we are lacking a playmaker (and i would suggest beyond Mirallas and Deulofeu a quality winger though after Lennon i doubt we will add here now).

Attack we need someone to compete with Lukaku.

So 3 more players ideally, is kone good enough to compete with Deulofeu or Mirallas = NO.

Is he good enough to compete with Lukaku = NO.

Really hope theres a clear out of 5/6 players jan or the summer and he is one of them.

No chance of any big clear-out mid season mate, and their shouldn't be as it would disrupt the dressing room massively if their was, can see at most 2 leaving in Jan (McGeady and one of either naismith or Mirallas) and then in the summer we will have a few leaving due to their contracts ending.

New keeper is obviously something we need to look at sooner rather than later as Howard isn't the best and won't have many more seasons left - despite Martinez's comments the other day.

We obviously need someone to back-up Rom or provide competition etc, Austin etc but lets face it not many players will be willing to come and sit behind Lukaku and we will have to pay 10-15m to get a quality one in - so just don't see that happening this year at least - the summer anything could change so god knows

Playmaker - depends what you mean by it, if you mean a central one - we have Ross who is showing that he is more than capable of it, don't think we actually ever intended to bring a player into the centre in the last window, every 'playmaker' we got linked with and the ones we know we bid on, they all happened to be creative wide players who had a good record of scoring and providing assists, Mertens, Yarmolenko being the two highest profile ones, think we will be back in for one of those come January but god knows if we have any chance whatsoever.

Anyway probably not the right thread for this talk as it's about Kone

He isn't very good and isn't going to do anything special for us

Last edited:
Keeper looks very weak.

Defence with Garbutt to come back and the younger players improving looks terriffic.

Midfield we are lacking a playmaker (and i would suggest beyond Mirallas and Deulofeu a quality winger though after Lennon i doubt we will add here now).

Attack we need someone to compete with Lukaku.

So 3 more players ideally, is kone good enough to compete with Deulofeu or Mirallas = NO.

Is he good enough to compete with Lukaku = NO.

Really hope theres a clear out of 5/6 players jan or the summer and he is one of them.

Out of contract next summer:Hibbert, Gibson, Oviedo, Kone, Osman, Pienaar.

I hope we can ship out McGeady in the January window and sign Yarmolenko with his contract due to expire in six months.

Hibbert and Pienaar will probably retire, they will never get fit. Gibson and Oviedo are too injury-prone and they spend most of the time on treatment table so will they get an extension? Kone I don't rate him I will let him leave. Ossie is a okay backup player so he may get a year extension to his contract.

The overall age of this team will decease significantly with the abovementioned ageing players leave (except Oviedo obviously). Garbutt should get a fair amount of game at Fulham and will be ready next season.

No chance of any big clear-out mid season mate, and their shouldn't be as it would disrupt the dressing room massively if their was, can see at most 2 leaving in Jan (McGeady and one of either naismith or Mirallas) and then in the summer we will have a few leaving due to their contracts ending.

New keeper is obviously something we need to look at sooner rather than later as Howard isn't the best and won't have many more seasons left - despite Martinez's comments the other day.

We obviously need someone to back-up Rom or provide competition etc, Austin etc but lets face it not many players will be willing to come and sit behind Lukaku and we will have to pay 10-15m to get a quality one in - so just don't see that happening this year at least - the summer anything could change so god knows

Playmaker - depends what you mean by it, if you mean a central one - we have Ross who is showing that he is more than capable of it, don't think we actually ever intended to bring a player into the centre in the last window, every 'playmaker' we got linked with and the ones we know we bid on, they all happened to be creative wide players who had a good record of scoring and providing assists, Mertens, Yarmolenko being the two highest profile ones, think we will be back in for one of those come January but god knows if we have any chance whatsoever.

Anyway probably not the right forum for this talk as it's about Kone

He isn't very good and isn't going to do anything special for us

Yes we shall get rid of McGeady only in January and get Yarmolenko (the playmaker).

Keeper, I will go for Cillessen @ Ajax next summer.

Striker, Austin on a Bosman next summer.

Yes we shall get rid of McGeady only in January and get Yarmolenko (the playmaker).

Keeper, I will go for Cillessen @ Ajax.

Striker, Austin on a Bosman next summer.

Everton will never ever get a high profile Bosman mate, we just won't pay enough, Barry and Cleverley are both exceptional cases as they had worked with martinez before so they chose us over maybe higher wages elsewhere

This is actual game, great to see.

No offence Aaron, but I don't think you've ever admitted you've been wrong about anything, ever, in the history of the world.

We've had a decent start this season, Kone has been a major part of that, it's there for nearly all to see.
James McCarthy, roberto martinez, plenty of other things i've admitted i'm wrong on.

Everton will never ever get a high profile Bosman mate, we just won't pay enough, Barry and Cleverley are both exceptional cases as they had worked with martinez before so they chose us over maybe higher wages elsewhere

Btw Cillessen costs a fee. I intend to get Yarm in January with a smaller fee like £6-7m. The only one who is on a Bosman next summer is Austin. I see what you mean we barely sign players via Bosman on a massive scale. We ain't Newcastle.

I even forgot about Pienaar, punt McGeady as well and its 7 players out...howard and gibson makes 9 players out.

Who would actually need replacing other than Howard?

Out of contract next summer:Hibbert, Gibson, Oviedo, Kone, Osman, Pienaar.

I hope we can ship out McGeady in the January window and sign Yarmolenko with his contract due to expire in six months.

Hibbert and Pienaar will probably retire, they will never get fit. Gibson and Oviedo are too injury-prone and they spend most of the time on treatment table so will they get an extension? Kone I don't rate him I will let him leave. Ossie is a okay backup player so he may get a year extension to his contract.

The overall age of this team will decease significantly with the abovementioned ageing players leave (except Oviedo obviously). Garbutt should get a fair amount of game at Fulham and will be ready next season.

Mate I think his legs are pretty much gone but we just can't get rid of these backup (7 players) at once. Osman is not injury-prone and is happy to sit on the bench. He can still do a job like he did against Reading when our first teamers get a much needed rest. If we get into Euro then ideally we need a bigger squad (oh Christ have I just said getting rid of six/seven out of contract players?).

Mate I think his legs are pretty much gone but we just can't get rid of these backup (7 players) at once. Osman is not injury-prone and is happy to sit on the bench. He can still do a job like he did against Reading when our first teamers get a much needed rest. If we get into Euro then ideally we need a bigger squad (oh Christ have I just said getting rid of six/seven out of contract players?).

All depends on how it is done and who it is who replaces them, younger players coming through over the course of the season and atb the end the older player is let go and the Galloway/Browning type takes their spot in the first team then it's natural progression of a squad, if their all shipped out and then 7 new players are brought in well that's a recipe for a disaster as spurs, the rs, QPR have shown in the past.

Pretty sure than no one expects to see Hibbert, Pienaar or McGeady feature for us at all this season, so essentially their already gone just we happen to be paying them for a year of doing nothing.

Osman, Oviedo will depend on how much actual playing time they get this season as to if their any loss whatsoever on squad depth, right now can't see how Oviedo will actually play much at all given baines will be back and Galloway must be way ahead of him now as a backup, same for Osman can't see how exactly he will play many minutes this season at all.

Kone and Howard on the other hand currently are starters so the least likely to be moved on

Still will be surprised if 5 of those 7 are still here come the next season which is fine with me as it gives space for a couple of incomings and for a couple more youth players to be brought through into the squad

All depends on how it is done and who it is who replaces them, younger players coming through over the course of the season and atb the end the older player is let go and the Galloway/Browning type takes their spot in the first team then it's natural progression of a squad, if their all shipped out and then 7 new players are brought in well that's a recipe for a disaster as spurs, the rs, QPR have shown in the past.

Pretty sure than no one expects to see Hibbert, Pienaar or McGeady feature for us at all this season, so essentially their already gone just we happen to be paying them for a year of doing nothing.

Osman, Oviedo will depend on how much actual playing time they get this season as to if their any loss whatsoever on squad depth, right now can't see how Oviedo will actually play much at all given baines will be back and Galloway must be way ahead of him now as a backup, same for Osman can't see how exactly he will play many minutes this season at all.

Kone and Howard on the other hand currently are starters so the least likely to be moved on

Still will be surprised if 5 of those 7 are still here come the next season which is fine with me as it gives space for a couple of incomings and for a couple more youth players to be brought through into the squad

The seven players I mentioned are not including Howard. Gibbo is included instead. Only McGeady is not out of contract next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back