Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's quite clearly a good player who's presence on the pitch has conveniently (or not so if you are anti-Kone) with our best performances of the season - Soton and Chelsea, and our best come back of the season, vs WBA.
He gets the best out of Lukaku, his hold up play is superb and he is fulfilling a less creative Pienaar role for us which we sorely missed all last season.
Well worth another year.

It'll be set number of league appearance in the final season of his contract that'll be triggering the extension. Pretty common clause for players who are past 30

BvHbHmhCEAEfcmx.jpg

Moutsgoat: said:
Honestly mate, just the crap players, im willing to give everybody a chance, even McGeady, but I think his ship has sailed.

When we signed Kone I thought he would be a decent back up, but sadly hes rubbish, like really, really rubbish.

Orly: said:
or play football in a good way.

1 goal in 2 years at Everton

1 goal in 40 games at Sevilla

Total tosh

MoutsGoat: said:
So thats settled then, hes without question the worst footballer to ever grace a football pitch.

Azzurri: said:
He tries quite hard but is ultimately useless. Shame.

Rochdaleblue: said:
Many on here had grave doubts when we signed kone initially. The lad has had a terrible injury, but he has done absolutely nothing to suggest he has the calibre to be at everton. He is another that should be sold if we get the chance. Now we are safe I'd rather give Chris long game time over kone. At least you know it will benefit the lad in the long term.

Worst signing in the history of football.

He makes Andy Carroll seem cheap.

Prevenger17: said:
Think he's the best player to put on an Everton shirt tbh.

Eric Djemba-Djemba: said:
Victor is 50 times the striker Kone will ever be.

Butters: said:
He is absolutely toilet.

Butters: said:
Don't see the point in beating around the bush, the fella has been an absolute nightmare of a signing, right from the start when none of the fans wanted him and were gutted to hear us linked to him, through to now when everybody has been proven right regarding his lack of ability. I'll drive him anywhere within Europe just to get him out of the club.

Stan Lee Park: said:
Just not good enough.

And it was a complete waste of £6 million.

kithnou: said:
Sorry folks. But that was the most insipid, ineffectual performance I have seen from any striker in the League this season.
Donkey of the highest order. Please be the last time we see this man in an Everton shirt.

toffeematt: said:
If he was a horse he'd have been put down by now

Tubey: said:
An utter sack of manure who has got worse as he's played games. If we get anything in the summer for him it'd be a miracle.

flibbyflob: said:
Last year was a disaster, now he is fit he has shown he isn't up to it. Looks like a Championship player amongst a Prem team and totally out of his depth. Has to be sold on and replaced this summer.

hktoffee: said:
What a waste of money. Worst purchase for over a decade. £6m!

Peteblue: said:
I've given him some time to get fit and get some game time before forming an opinion, but he hasn't had a good game in a blue shirt I can remember yet.

Poor signing.

Davek: said:
As far as I'm concerned he's the only waste of a fee in Martinez's time here so far.

CahillsCornerFlag: said:
Fairly awful striker. Never ever turns and runs, constantly slows moves down to a walking pace. Aint no good.

FTY: said:
He's just wank

Stan Lee Park: said:
Really can't see anything about him, other than he would good at Port Vale or Colchester.

He doesn't belong in the Premier League and he should certainly not be Everton's centre forward.

Foot Long Hot Dog: said:
He's pish, complete and utter pish

Zodiak2: said:
Not Kone's fault he's turbogash. You can however point the finger at the bloke that thought it wise to spend 6 million on him.

Thuck Ma Baws: said:
Worst ever signing. At least we got some money back for the likes of Kroldrup, who'd pay anything for Kone?

ToffeeDoug: said:
A crime was committed that day, I still expect the West Midlands fraud squad to come calling. £6m for a bloke who looked puffed out running 10 yds and would miss two weeks out having cutting himself shaving.

Bignev23: said:
Can we just ditch this leech in the summer and move on.

Christiffa25: said:
Alcaraz, Kone and McGeady...

3 players who are no where near good enough and should be replaced come summer. If he doesn't do that, I worry for Roberto's vision on the class of players we need here to fufil our goals.

BlueLlama: said:
Everything about him is awful. Crap distrubution, cack decision making, ridiculous hair.

He's the only player that when you see him with the ball and a man in space, you wonder how he's going to mess it up this time. He finds ways to do terrible things when it looks impossible to mess up.

Just some random guy with a bad haircut who inexplicably gets paid to pretend to play football.

Eric Djemba-Djemba: said:
My god he is terrible. Probably the worst we've had in a long while.

welshtoffee: said:
Awful striker, not even championship level

Gianthogweed: said:
To put it simply he is sh!t

As I said, Officially the worst in our history

Royalblue66: said:
There was a lot of Evertonians shaking their heads at that performance,has to be the worst striker we have had for a long time.

ArtetaMoney: said:
I've been quite patient with A-ruin-attack Kone, but after today I can't defend him anymore, he's terrible.

Azza: said:
We spent actual Pound Sterling on this absolute waste! What a joke.

Aberblue: said:
He is, in my opinion, the worst centre forward to play for us this century.

Stamullenblue: said:
This lad is [Poor language removed] ! Another example of robertoos stubborn streak. Naisy is way better option to start . He does not even look like scoring a goal , poor touch and nothing going for him ... Get rid quick !

Royalblue66: said:
Truly awful player.

Orly: said:
According to the article on the front page, we should keep Kone because he has "quality"

Monstrous LOL

PaulieMc: said:
He isn't qualified enough to clean the bogs at Goodison. Along with Alcaraz, it's genuinely embarrassing that we've been putting food in this bloke's fridge for at least a year now. The injury and subsequent year out wasn't his fault bit since coming back he's done absolutely naff all. Even if this were his first season I'd badly want shot of him.

loweeeeee: said:
I really hope Kone hits some crazy serious form next season and then see chico vault posters like grains of sand.

Chang Elephant: said:
terminate his contract now

Makes the James Beattie deal look like cracking value

Ship him out and bring in a striker worthy of the title.

Pyar mince

Groucho: said:
No he's currently not crocked - I'd sell for what little money we can get for him.

bol-uk: said:
Playing devil's advocate here.

Scored 13 for sh1t wigan side, scored more than 1 in 3 in his career (Seville nightmare aside), broke his leg badly and has struggled since.

Surely there is still a player in there somewhere?!?!

azza: said:
I was hoping he slipped out the back door when Alcaraz went! Now he's determined to stay!?! FFS!

Without question 1 of the worst footballers ive witnessed play for Everton and 100% the biggest waste of money in our history so far.

toffeejack: said:
i said it last season and i'll say it again - he'll prove you all wrong and get at least 5 goals this season!

jxg: said:
Oh can't we just get shut of him and ship him to West Ham, they seem to be copying all our transfer targets anyway so why not give them our players, he's utter sh*te

mcc: said:
Kone is [Poor language removed] end of the lad couldn't score in a brothel what a waste of dough

He's total mince and one of the worst buys in our PL history.

Martinez eye for a player is extremely questionable

Bryan: said:
People giving a player who's been injured for 90% of his career at Everton?

He's played 17 games in 2 seasons you plumbs, I'll agree he looks poor but judging a player after less than half a season of actual game playing time is proper Kopite.

ijjysmith: said:
Has a worse player worn our famous number 9 shirt?

butters: said:
I despise him.

Hated the thought of us being linked with him, as I thought he was crap.

Hated us signing him, as I thought he was crap.

Hated seeing him in the team, as I thought he was crap.

How I just hate him, as I know he is crap.

I always pull up that "complete striker" quote when I fancy a laugh.

However that isn't funny is this.

Arouna Kone has been bang average his entire career. He's never scored more than 15 goals in an entire season in his career. In fact, prior to joining Everton, Arouna Kone had scored a total of - wait for it - 29 goals in his previous six seasons; an average of 5 per season. AS A STRIKER!

This fella has played less than 700 minutes of football for Everton. I'm suggesting he's on around 30k a week, which works out at approximately 4.5k for each minute of football he has played for our team.

In this financial climate (not football), that's just sickening.

Wish he would just retire.

Worst striker in our history, without doubt.

Bluestevon: said:
Nearly always injured
Is terrible when not injured
He's got a muppets haircut/colour
When he's not injured he's at AFCON or starving himself for a month just in time for the new season

Get rid to anyone who'd have him for anything they'd give us, same for McGeady, Gibson and Howard

If he was a horse they'd have put a blanket over him and a slug in his bonce after that lame performance on Saturday.

He's utter bilge and has what little he had left in his locker was lost by his major injury. He's truly awful and the thought of having this lame waste of space as our only experienced cover for Lukaku is terrifying.

I think he'll go down as our worst ever signing. That takes some doing too. Even worse than Bilic.

Azzurri: said:
@Brennan @chicoazul

Am I allowed to confirm he's crap yet or does he still deserve more time?

Tramps_mate: said:
I never rated him ever.

Dithering Dougie: said:
Me neither, terrible business even before his injury.

It's like a pianist getting leprosy, but the event organiser continuing to sell concerts to the general public thinking everything will be ok.

That's what Kone continuing being an Everton player is like; a pianist with leprosy.

Bournemouth wouldn't take him. No Premier League side would. He's finished at this level.

Blue4eva77: said:
Still think he will get double figures next season (depending on game time that is)

22 games 1 goal.

Worst striker ive ever watched attempt to play football, EVER.

Dringo: said:
AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH ! this fella is rubbish ! poor poor poor player ! lets hope we dont see him again ! unless we play against him

Uknightbreed: said:
kone will not score a single goal this season for us.
the chinese league or arabian gulf league is his next scoring destination.

Schoolofcience: said:
Utter waste of 6m and wages, absolute oxygen thief

He's League 1 level at best.

I'd release him and tell him to find another club.

I'd like to thank the academy, my family and friends, and most of all the knee-jerk reactionists for making this vault possible. Butters put in a very noteworthy performance over the years, making wild assassinations of the character and ability of our golden haired King. Bravo, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back