Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel the ability he has to find space hold up the ball and keep possession moving forward was imperative to us last night and sorely missed in the first half...his class showed within moments of being on the pitch certainly more effective than mirallas, gerry and the blonde waste of space sctosman

The other thing i like about him is Lukaku seems to also play better when he is on the pitch and playing well, they feed off each other, something Lukaka was desperate for today.

Against teams that will play 2 banks for 4 for 80 minutes and try to win on the counter, I'd like to see him play off Lukaku in a Sheringham/second-striker sort of role, and play Barkley deeper instead of Barry - 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 fwiw. I know Martinez has hinted at this.

The way we play, Lukaku looks hopeless and isolated when Kone isnt playing. They're as vital as each other at the moment, Lukaku is the first name on our teamsheet, and on current form, Kone has to be second. We were completely toothless yesterday and against Watford and West Brom until he came on, and we improved when he came on against Liverpool. He needs to play.

It is hard to see that first gial having been scored if Kone had been on instead of Naisy.

One of Kone's strengths this season has been his defending at corners and he would not have made the hames the latter did in mis-heading....twice.....when that corner came in.

He was one of three who had a half decent game on Saturday.

He's not a starter for me, and I've still got my doubts, but at the moment he's proving to be a much better option from the bench that I'd have ever imagined. Good on him.

It is hard to see that first gial having been scored if Kone had been on instead of Naisy.

One of Kone's strengths this season has been his defending at corners and he would not have made the hames the latter did in mis-heading....twice.....when that corner came in.

Agree, need him to get a start at Arsenal, go at them from the off, not start to play once the game is over like we did against United.

Crazy how much he's turned it around. We all wrote him off and now he's a vital member of the squad, fair play to him for digging in and working hard, must have been horrible when everyone had made judgement that he wasn't good enough.
Not all, some of us were waiting until he had a run in the team whilst fully fit and uninjured before coming to a conclusion.
We could all see his strengths and what he'd bring to the game from his time at Wigan (and the game he pretty much single handedly tore us apart), but he was in no condition physically to play for the first year and a half of his contract and not match fit for a further six months after because of it. This season he is fit and uninjured.

Last edited:
Ive still written him off to be honest. Another Lennon-esque player. For a forward he doesnt score and for a wide player he has minimal end product.

Should be Deulofeu on the right every week for me.

Crazy how much he's turned it around. We all wrote him off and now he's a vital member of the squad, fair play to him for digging in and working hard, must have been horrible when everyone had made judgement that he wasn't good enough.

Comes to something when people are devastated when Kone is on the bench and Naismith is starting. Tells us all we need to know about that Scotch waste of space. We could have had 8m for him, and that useless manager of ours decided to turn it down. 8m gets us half a Yarmolenko in January ffs!

No coincidence that we played much better when he came on. As some have mentioned he does a lot of defensive work too, links up play and is a genuine threat going forward.

He brings the best out of Lukaku and he definitely has a point to prove which is what some of our players could use sometimes.

Not all, some of us were waiting until he had a run in the team whilst fully fit and uninjured before coming to a conclusion.
We could all see his strengths and what he'd bring to the game from his time at Wigan (and the game he pretty much single handedly tore us apart), but he was in no condition physically to play for the first year and a half of his contract and not match fit for a further six months after because of it. This season he is fit and uninjured.

Fair play to you for sticking by him.

Ive still written him off to be honest. Another Lennon-esque player. For a forward he doesnt score and for a wide player he has minimal end product.

Should be Deulofeu on the right every week for me.

He's scored a couple of vital goals already this season v Watford and West Brom. Both instinctive finishes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back