Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing well this season. An intelligent footballer with a very good touch and fully deserves to be in and around the first team this season. Says a lot about a player who has not only come back from a career threatening injury, but has had to deal with dogs abuse for the best part of a year since recovering. He has kept his chin up and is now being rewarded for his hard work.

I got laughed at when i mentioned he would finish with double figures for goals before the season started. I see no reason why he cannot keep this form going.

Scenes when he shins in the winner in the Derby like he's NEA.

If I could pick one player (maybe with the exception of Barkley) to score the winner on Sunday it'd be Kone. Would be brilliant for him to go through everything he has then win the fans over and score a Derby winner. Who are we kidding though the only striker scoring a winner on Sunday will be Sturridge.

Yes that Ref had it in for us last night he gave them most things - I was puzzeled by that Booking too - I thought the shirt had to be taken right off?

Its such a horrendous rule. So kone showing a happy birthday message is inciting the crowd but gerrard running the length of the bullens cupping his ear isnt?

Personally i think it is because sponsors want the cameras on their logo when a player scores

What a horrible world

His awkward movement is a nightmare for tired defenders to deal with, he should definitely be used mostly as an impact sub and not so much a starter. And at 31 years of age he can hardly think that's unfair.

His awkward movement is a nightmare for tired defenders to deal with, he should definitely be used mostly as an impact sub and not so much a starter. And at 31 years of age he can hardly think that's unfair.
I don't see what age has to do with it. If you're good enough, you're good enough. Age should never be an issue if you're playing well and causing problems.

Playing well this season. An intelligent footballer with a very good touch and fully deserves to be in and around the first team this season. Says a lot about a player who has not only come back from a career threatening injury, but has had to deal with dogs abuse for the best part of a year since recovering. He has kept his chin up and is now being rewarded for his hard work.

I got laughed at when i mentioned he would finish with double figures for goals before the season started. I see no reason why he cannot keep this form going.
So Kone's an intelligent footballer but Lukaku's average?

Not saying that Kone hasn't been decent this season but christ.

I thought the being booked for lifting up your shirt was about protecting the investment of the shirt sponsor. A goal celebration is when the camera has zoomed right in on the player and the shirt sponsor gets the most exposure.

Sadly, this is actually correct, to the best of my knowledge. It's all about the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back