Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if im honest i wouldnt start Kone, id bring him on with 20 mins to go to play him in his actual position, swap him for Naismith or whoever is playing on that left. exactly what he done yesterday. where would you play him?
Depends on the opposition really and how much they can effectively target our Left Back while Baines is out. Naismith is probably better at protecting our relatively inexperienced left back than Kone, Kone works better with Rom than Naismith does and is more offensivly minded. Kev/Pienaar and Cleveley actually play that wider position better than both the other two.

The problem is playing Kone truely centrally means everything gets unbalanced which means if you want either Naismith or Kone on the pitch you've got to play them wider, the only other option would be to go to one DM (which SHOULD be a possibility is some circumstances but Bobby won't do it because it unbalances us defensively)

I suppose what I'm saying is at the moment (with current injuries) we should start Naismith if the opposition is strong down their right, and perhaps bring Kone on later if we need to push forward more. But, if it's a team we should be dominating, then we start with Kone.
If Baines was playing there'd be no real reason for Naismith, if Kev/Pienaar/Clev were fit there'd be no real reason to play either of them unless we were going all out late on in a match.

I thought you only got booked if you took your top off completely, Kone only pulled his back over his head.

nah, the old fashioned shirt over the head is a yellow as well. i thought they brought it in to stop people baring their chests (yep, the most picky of things you like, but maybe they didn't want another giggs happening). It may not have been originally, but any type of shirt removal is now a yellow - an utterly stupid law!

I remember when I was younger and he was playing at PSV. My general views on him were that he is a top notch player.

Funny to see him playing at everton these days.

His hold up play is really good. It's great seeing him frustrating a few opposition players by dangling the ball in a perilous position only to turn away and release one of our attackers into space. Shades of what only Pienaar can do in our team. Wish he was 25 and 442 was still popular I think he'd have been some player upfront with a top striker like Lukaku.

They added rules for players displaying messages on undershirts... probably after Bendtner's Paddy Power undies fiasco.
Gent I went with reckons its risks of inciting crowd trouble, maybe if it was something to taunt the home fans fair enough. But it wasn't to their fans, it was to ours! And it didn't say "great pyros lads" or "£10 if you can get the tit with the drum with a 2p coin!" it said happy birthday.

They should read the message before booking anyone IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back