Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to Kone, people in Main Stand were booing him and he's bounced back with a decent performance. I still don't understand how on earth he wears our shirt, but no doubt, today he did a good job.

Did very well today. Great finish, great assist and great hold up play.

We still badly need a striker, though, as he's not good enough to lead the line if Lukaku gets crocked.

Getting closer to Bernie the bolt too! If he keeps using WD 40 on his knees he could become top scorer!

Think we're stuck with him la. Hopefully we can get behind him. It's out of order booing him like.

Losing 1-0, boo the substitute striker. Brilliant logic..........

Think we're stuck with him la. Hopefully we can get behind him. It's out of order booing him like.

Losing 1-0, boo the substitute striker. Brilliant logic..........
Yes I noticed that he came on to boos, he must know though, his form has been poor let's hope that goal may inspire him - the criticism of him has been overwhelming including myself, but it was a game changing cameo performance which he can hopefully build on!

He's clearly smiling again. Good stuff.

Hopefully he can show more of what we saw today. I'm not suddenly convinced he's going to be ace, but he's shown what he can do. Certainly in a 2 striker formation.

Me neither, but if he can kick on and get another now, he could very well add a few important goals this season when we need them.

Me neither, but if he can kick on and get another now, he could very well add a few important goals this season when we need them.

We still need another forward (never replaced Eto'o) but I think he's shown we maybe shouldn't write him off just yet. He could prove to be a useful sub/squad player.

It was nice to see him finish clinically anyway. He did that a lot for Wigan and it perplexed me how he was so woeful in front of goal for us. Admittedly it's worth noting that he's not selfish, and often elects to pass instead of shoot from a poor position (like Rom) but when he has shot it's been laughable.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day of course, so it's all about building on this and showing that this isn't the 1 and only good performance a season he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back