Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone wants that mate. I'm not bothered who it is as long as someone is banging the goals in. He looked more up for it today than he has before, I wonder if that's cos of the talk of a new striker coming in and his place being under threat?
Think he's also finally as healthy as he's been in years which has got to make a huge difference, had a full preseason

Imagine Martinez now thinks we don't need a striker.
Haha, that thought crossed my mind as well!

In the fans end of season interview Martinez said he changed his mind of signing a new GK after Joel's performances in Jan.

Just hope Kone's goal and assist (although I'm made up for him) haven't changed his mind on the striker position.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Arouna done well today (apart from that header) and we looked more dangerous as a team because he can hold it up. 2 up top also meant Barkley could play deeper as well which helped his game.

However, we can't count on Kone staying fit for the entire season and at best his form can be described as patchy (non-existent would be more accurate).

A striker a striker, my kingdom for a striker...

Brilliant finish today, and his control and first touch was different class compared to Lukaku.

I've said it from day one, Lukaku has a bad touch, and it's not improving, it's everything in a striker, it's what makes a 20m player a 40m player, and it's generally something you can not teach, you either have it or not.

Brilliant finish today, and his control and first touch was different class compared to Lukaku.

I've said it from day one, Lukaku has a bad touch, and it's not improving, it's everything in a striker, it's what makes a 20m player a 40m player, and it's generally something you can not teach, you either have it or not.

I semi agree. Lukaku doesn't have to have a good first touch if his first touch involves putting your foot through the ball with a shot that ends up in the net.

Lukaku is world class at that and Kone... isn't. Kone doesn't have a particularly good first touch either but compared to Lukaku even Lee Trundle looks like he has a foot coated in superglue.

0jABKgY.jpg

The contrast in first touch & control was striking .

96 - now that's a number to conjure with in these parts. It's also the number of games Everton have played since Arouna signed for Everton - and, finally, we get to see something that resembles a footballer. I know he contributed with a goal at Newcastle and a decent show at QPR last year (assist I think) as well as a 25 minute cameo against Hull in 13-14 where he did fine and hit the woodwork but.. at last Goodison sees the real deal.

Still, I suppose if he can stay fit and use his good control to help others (lessons for Romelu?) it'll all be worthwhile.

96 - now that's a number to conjure with in these parts. It's also the number of games Everton have played since Arouna signed for Everton - and, finally, we get to see something that resembles a footballer. I know he contributed with a goal at Newcastle and a decent show at QPR last year (assist I think) as well as a 25 minute cameo against Hull in 13-14 where he did fine and hit the woodwork but.. at last Goodison sees the real deal.

The way he ran before he slotted.

Literally NEVER. EVER. Seen him run like that.

True but the pair of them linked up well for the equaliser Lukarku did not look 100% fit to me like eight others he had a bad game!

The way he ran before he slotted.

Literally NEVER. EVER. Seen him run like that.
Speed was always his asset he looked sharp - one missed header maybe to fetch him on in cameo roles to gain fitness is the answer he proved me , and a lot of fans wrong today he salvaged us a point v a bog standard team imo - one swallow does not make a summer , but its the best we have seen from him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back