Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a good time to play West Ham. I have a feeling their wheels might start to fall off soon.

I can also confirm I beat a hammers fan online on Fifa 3-1 though it should have been 7 or 8 as I gave him a football lesson the school of science way.

I knew that would affect confidence which was proved right the following day when they lost 2-0 against Watford. Obviously still had my defeat fresh in their minds.

He'll start against West Ham, and probably be crap.

But nah I was thrilled for him yesterday. Looked so confident in front of goal and, against teams like Sunderland - who, let's be honest and witha ll due respect to Mackems on here - are dogger, then him and Rom really should start- as it gives us a whole other way of playing and their link-up play is top class.

I'd go the same team against West Ham - though probably with Galloway in for Oviedo - real shame he got injured.

Said in an interview that Rom is his best friend on and off the pitch.

Great stuff to hear as it really shows up on the pitch. Their partnership is just brilliant to watch. Neither is selfish and will create goals as well as finish them. Plus finding a way to support Rom and have another striker on the pitch (without having to sacrifice the midfield, i.e. with a 4-4-2) is something we've needed to do for a while. It's a tough balance to strike but Kone is showing he's willing to defend, he's willing to help his team and he's willing to burst a hole in the net, too.

A journalist is claiming Kone was booed onto the pitch at Goodison when he came on versus Watford. I wasn't at the game. Is this true? I've read conflicting reports that he was met with silence or nervous applause.

Does anyone know?

Can't remember a player being booed onto the pitch before.

A journalist is claiming Kone was booed onto the pitch at Goodison when he came on versus Watford. I wasn't at the game. Is this true? I've read conflicting reports that he was met with silence or nervous applause.

Does anyone know?

Can't remember a player being booed onto the pitch before.

He started vs Watford [Edit] Vs Norwich. There was a bit of discontent in the stadium when he was replaced after an hour in. I wasn't at the game, so not 100% what at, but the commentator said it was at Kone, alleging for lack of effort and was critical of the lack of shift he put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back