Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was struck by his footballing intelligence. His runs were incisive and his hold up play excellent

As a poster said above a bit worried about our wing cover now west ham can boast Moses and lanzini but they do have Collins suspended

He started vs Watford [Edit] Vs Norwich. There was a bit of discontent in the stadium when he was replaced after an hour in. I wasn't at the game, so not 100% what at, but the commentator said it was at Kone, alleging for lack of effort and was critical of the lack of shift he put in.
He was a sub vs Watford and several people reported he got booed when coming on, certainly seeemd that way on the TV and we had a thread discussing it.

Anyway to finally get my point. To boo Kone before he even stepped on the pitch today was a disgrace. I've always been of the opinion that if you pays your money you gets your say but if you were one of those today you're an idiot. You're the type of person who goes the darts dressed as a carrot and boos the player just as they're about to throw. For the last couple of seasons some of our fans have been toxic and they are making the match going experience unbearable. You're helping the club about as much as Blue Bill so please do one and don't come back.

Now let's all put a cone on oour head and sing 'Kone, Kone, Kone'

What a fantastic finisher he is, his conversion of chances is by all means outstanding, right up with the very best in the league.

He was a sub vs Watford and several people reported he got booed when coming on, certainly seeemd that way on the TV and we had a thread discussing it.

Not mentioned in here. https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-v-watford-8th-aug-at-15-00.78024/page-86

There's discussion of booing at half time. But not directly at Kone.

The only time I can remember anyone getting any stick coming on (and then directed at the manager) is that time Heitinga came on when we were a goal down (fulham?) and he scored a beauty.

I just don't like this journalist's presumption that we are the kind of fans that boo our players before they're even on the pitch.

Not mentioned in here. https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-v-watford-8th-aug-at-15-00.78024/page-86

There's discussion of booing at half time. But not directly at Kone.

The only time I can remember anyone getting any stick coming on (and then directed at the manager) is that time Heitinga came on when we were a goal down (fulham?) and he scored a beauty.

I just don't like this journalist's presumption that we are the kind of fans that boo our players before they're even on the pitch.
But it wasn't just that journalist that thought that Kone's sub at Watford was booed, several of our own posters did too who were at the match as shown in that thread I referenced including @Woolly Blue.

Doesn't show us in a good light but perhaps a lesson for everyone not to jump to conclusions on a player.

But it wasn't just that journalist that thought that Kone's sub at Watford was booed, several of our own posters did too who were at the match as shown in that thread I referenced including @Woolly Blue.

Doesn't show us in a good light but perhaps a lesson for everyone not to jump to conclusions on a player.

Which thread? Do you have a link?

Thanks for this. Going to have a read.

Player who has been oft injured finally gets a run of games and shows what he can do? Seems story book. Like a new signing!

Wait for gibson and oviedo to one day add some steel to their exoskeleton and we will have some great depth!

People in the stands saying they didn't hear booing when he came on but it was picked up by the TV mics. interesting. Probably a small section of the crowd then.

Not like 35k evertonians booing him as he came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back