• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku and Kone clearly get on very well, and they seem to get the best out of each other on the park.

Looks a fruitful partnership and one that nobody will fancy facing at the moment.

With Del and Ross also playing well and Mirallas still an option from the bench, we're looking pretty handy in the attacking area of the pitch.

I still don't like him as a striker, but drifting from wide positions to link with Lukaku he's been good. It's an unusual position that a lot of teams have struggled to deal with. It should hopefully work even better when Baines is fit as it will leave room for him to overlap on the left that Kone vacates when he wanders inside. I like Galloway but he doesn't offer us much in the final third so most of our chance creation is coming down the right or through the middle.

If Lukaku were to get injured, I'm still not sure I'd fancy Kone leading the line by himself but there's no dispute that he's earned that one year extension now - delighted we've found a role for him that's allowing him to be so effective.

Still don't think he is going to be a prolific striker that will be able to replace Lukaku effectively if lukaku is injured. What impresses me about him is playing just behind Lukaku he holds the ball up so well and is not easy to shake off it, he brings other players into the game and this relieves the pressure on Lukaku and allows Lukaku to take up more dangerous positions. It also makes the oppositions defence have the problem of whom and when to pick up our players....in other words he provides space and more opportunities when he is playing. We are better with him on the pitch rather than the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back