Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have me on ignore.

Crying and shaking here...

I'd like to thank the academy, my family and friends, and most of all the knee-jerk reactionists for making this vault possible. Butters put in a very noteworthy performance over the years, making wild assassinations of the character and ability of our golden haired King. Bravo, sir.

To those bemoaning the lack of 2 wingers in a Martinez team, I think Kone showed on Sunday why he does it. Although he's not playing as a winger, he was to the left of the midfield. The licence for him to drift inside causes problems for the defenders, who marks him? If the full back tries to mark him, he will be dragged inside leaving space down the wing (which hopefully a returning Baines can exploit) but if the centre half or central midfielder picks him up then the likes of Barkley and Lukaku have more space.

It doesn't work every week, but I imagine this is part of the logic behind it.

Give him praise for a great performance, sure. Do not compare him to one of the greatest strikers the world has ever seen.
if you read it he didn't.
That was the made up Echo headline, what he said was “I have seen him play many times for Ivory Coast alongside top, top strikers such as Didier Drogba and other outstanding strikers, and he always showed he was at that level." which essentially just says he's an Ivory Coast/International level striker.

Interesting interview on sky (not the post match one). Seems to suggest Kone doesn't think he's even at his top level yet so there could be more to come from him. He also alluded to the run of games coming up and what an opportunity it is. Clearly the players are aware that they are expected to gain a lot of points over the next 8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back