Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't get the shaming of people who said he was crap, because for more of his everton career, he's been more crap than good.

But for most of his Everton career he's been injured, so there hasn't been a great deal to judge him by. Except Wigan's achievement of winning the cup, including an appearance at Goodison.

So Roberto was right to persevere with him, despite the views of the supporters. And when he plays, he also contributes to the team. Let's hope this continues.

To some extent, a hat-trick is due to good fortune. But I think his hat-trick was a more reliable indicator of his potential than Naismith's was. We shall see.

But for most of his Everton career he's been injured, so there hasn't been a great deal to judge him by. Except Wigan's achievement of winning the cup, including an appearance at Goodison.

So Roberto was right to persevere with him, despite the views of the supporters. And when he plays, he also contributes to the team. Let's hope this continues.

To some extent, a hat-trick is due to good fortune. But I think his hat-trick was a more reliable indicator of his potential than Naismith's was. We shall see.
That's true, but prior to his injury, in the games he played, and even when he returned and had a lot of time to recover, in the games after that he was extremely poor.

But right now he's having a great time, so long may it continue.

Look up his minutes played this year compared to last.
But it doesn't really matter, he was still extremely bad IN those minutes.

I'm glad he's turned it around, well better than he was when he started off here, but whilst he was injures i was backing him all the way.

It was his performances when he came back from the injury, and had enough time to recover that i judged him off and he wasn't very good in those.

But right now he's okay, i'm allowed to have a different opinion on him than everyone else, but i think he was awful for most of his time here, up until this season where he's had some 'ok' games and some good ones, the hat trick performance being a very good one.

But i'm still waiting to see him do it more consistently, even Naismith got a hatrick and he's absolutely turd (not saying kone is) but im happy for him.

But it doesn't really matter, he was still extremely bad IN those minutes.

I'm glad he's turned it around, well better than he was when he started off here, but whilst he was injures i was backing him all the way.

It was his performances when he came back from the injury, and had enough time to recover that i judged him off and he wasn't very good in those.

But right now he's okay, i'm allowed to have a different opinion on him than everyone else, but i think he was awful for most of his time here, up until this season where he's had some 'ok' games and some good ones, the hat trick performance being a very good one.

But i'm still waiting to see him do it more consistently, even Naismith got a hatrick and he's absolutely turd (not saying kone is) but im happy for him.
He's played eight games so far this season compared to eight all last season. Giving him a run of first team games without long term injury is clearly working so maybe him being crap was circumstantial?
I'm also not saying he's utterly wonderful (even though he is) but he's been a lot better than ok.

He's played eight games so far this season compared to eight all last season. Giving him a run of first team games without long term injury is clearly working so maybe him being crap was circumstantial?
I'm also not saying he's utterly wonderful (even though he is) but he's been a lot better than ok.
I don't think so, the only game for me he's been GREAT in was the hat trick game. The other performances were just what you'd expect of a striker of his experience really, they we're just ok performances, made to look better because of the view of him beforehand.

Although i do hope his latest performances kicks him on a lot.

I don't think so, the only game for me he's been GREAT in was the hat trick game. The other performances were just what you'd expect of a striker of his experience really, they we're just ok performances, made to look better because of the view of him beforehand.

bit disingenuous that Aaron. We will end up having the same discussion about how Kone brings Lukaku into the game better, drags defenders away from him and holds the ball up for people like Barkley to run on to it. But we've done this before.

Think you just need to accept the Lion of Zion is very important.

Ok but isnt that good? What you expect of a striker with his experience? Means kone is currently proving his worth to the team surely? For 5 million i never have expected him to lead the line like a 50 million pound striker, you buy cheap you get cheap on the most part. But so far this season he has scored goals, linked with our main striker, scored some good goals and even defensively when he has to put a shift in he was dependable.

LAst season he was bad, i personally thought he was finished, but proving me wrong so far. Well compare him to mcgeady/osman/piennar/naismith in terms on contributions by may, and see who is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back