Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needed a left foot on the first chance and half a yard of pace on the 2nd. Bit in and out in the 2nd half but hold up play was decent. Would have withdrawn him instead of Deulofeu on the hour.

The whole "how will lukaku cope without Kone in the side" is a total myth aswell, Lukaku is playing well due to Deloufeu supplying him with through balls/quality crosses.

Cleverly should be put ahead of Kone on the left until January.
agreed , if kone starts ahead of cleveley when McCarthy returns I give up

He needed a left foot on the first chance and half a yard of pace on the 2nd. Bit in and out in the 2nd half but hold up play was decent. Would have withdrawn him instead of Deulofeu on the hour.

I didn't think he held it up at all when we needed him to. He kept losing it and had clearly lost his head at one point. I almost thought he wanted an out so he could have a break.

He gets involved in the final third but really just as a pass and then laying it off, he offers zero goal threat or creativity. Which when you think he offers nothing defensively makes you wonder why he's included.

I didn't think he held it up at all when we needed him to. He kept losing it and had clearly lost his head at one point. I almost thought he wanted an out so he could have a break.

He gets involved in the final third but really just as a pass and then laying it off, he offers zero goal threat or creativity. Which when you think he offers nothing defensively makes you wonder why he's included.
I agree that he conceded some silly fouls.

He's spot is safe; RM see's him through rose colored glasses. IMHO, he MUST finish his chances to keep his place - which of late he is not doing. He's not in the side for his ground passing ability, or his crossing, or his whatever, he's there to capitalize on chances and if hes not doing that then hes not doing anything really. We are not failing to win games because of our inability to score, we are failing to win games because of our inability to keep a clean sheet. Kone must be benched for a midfielder. Done.

He's spot is safe; RM see's him through rose colored glasses. IMHO, he MUST finish his chances to keep his place - which of late he is not doing. He's not in the side for his ground passing ability, or his crossing, or his whatever, he's there to capitalize on chances and if hes not doing that then hes not doing anything really. We are not failing to win games because of our inability to score, we are failing to win games because of our inability to keep a clean sheet. Kone must be benched for a midfielder. Done.
No, that's not it. He's in there because he links up well with Lukaku. Sometimes that ends up in him scoring goals -- Lukaku loves to set him up -- but it's mostly because Lukaku gets better scoring chances with Kone in the side. Which, when you think about it, is kind of the point of a wide forward, isn't it?

He needed a left foot on the first chance and half a yard of pace on the 2nd.
It was the same against Palace where an opportunity was open on his left foot, yet he had to switch to his right and manoeuvrer an opportunity.

By that time the defence were able to come across and close down the chance. Yesterday a first time left foot shot would have probably scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back