Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that's not it. He's in there because he links up well with Lukaku. Sometimes that ends up in him scoring goals -- Lukaku loves to set him up -- but it's mostly because Lukaku gets better scoring chances with Kone in the side. Which, when you think about it, is kind of the point of a wide forward, isn't it?

It's not a coincidence Lukaku has gone on a goal scoring run since Kone (and Del) has been a regular starter.

We should be assembling a team to win football matches, not assembling a team to ensure Lukaku is scoring. There's a difference yet many can't differentiate the two, I hope youse can

We should be assembling a team to win football matches, not assembling a team to ensure Lukaku is scoring. There's a difference yet many can't differentiate the two, I hope youse can
The best way for us to win is for Lukaku to score, though. Our record this season in matches that Lukaku scores in: 5 wins, 5 draws, 0 losses. Our record in matches where Lukaku fails to score: 2 wins, 4 draws, 3 losses (counting the League Cup match against Norwich as a draw). That's just the way our team is built right now.

We are assembling a team to win football matches, and Kone is playing a role in that, but it is about the 11, not the individual, and an Everton 11 with Kone is better than without him.

Kone being lauded like some kind of saviour these days what's all that about, must be all the ones who stuck by him when he was utter gash for the first two seasons even when he wasn't injured trying to prove they were right. He's been ok like but nothing special at all.

At home, against teams that we are expected to go at, I'd play him from the start. In certain home fixtures and certain away games, I think Cleverley is the better option now Baines is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back