Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Arouna Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i was shocked we signed him in the first place and hoped pardew would get him...

A few thought he had turned a corner earlier in the seaaon but i preferred the wait and see in jan approach.

Dont mind him on the bench till end of next season as 3rd choice forward if we bring in someone quality to compete with lukaku but he needs upgrading and replacing on the left.

He's a bit Hull, Wigan, West Brom, Sunderland calibre really isn't he?

Kone must be benched for a midfielder. Done.
- 13/12/15

Apart from two home games against sub-par teams Kone has had minimal impact.

The team not benefiting and hence why I strongly believe a midfielder should take his spot in the midfield
- 17/12/15

Probably the easiest prediction(s) i've made as well; I cant see how its taken everyone until Leicester to figure it out! better late then never ;) lets just home RM is with the movement

I think i should be quoted as saying he would be a terrible signing when we were first linked with him then?

He's the african McGeady/Naismith etc etc

- 13/12/15

- 17/12/15

Probably the easiest prediction(s) i've made as well; I cant see how its taken everyone until Leicester to figure it out! better late then never ;) lets just home RM is with the movement

I reckon you can only put out the same team/tactics for about five games in a row these days before the oppo figure it out...maybe less. Kone mixed it up when he came into the team and he defo seems to have helped Rom score - but teams know they just need to take it to us now. Bench Kone for a bit, tweak the tactics and use the various options at our disposal. Couple of 1-0 wins would do us fine.

It shouldn't be - he's playing poorly and we aren't winning. Lukaku's scoring streak is irrelevant. One more time: Lukaku's scoring streak is irrelevant.

With respect, without Lukaku's goals where would we be?

It's hardly Kone's fault that we have only picked up 10 points from our last 7 games despite scoring 18 goals in the process.

With respect, without Lukaku's goals where would we be?

It's hardly Kone's fault that we have only picked up 10 points from our last 7 games despite scoring 18 goals in the process.

You can't shine the torch everytime on Lukaku's scoring streak to justify Kone's position in the team - half the time he's not even in the picture. I've argued the past three weeks that Kone needs to be out and each time I hear the same reasons why he should stay and come Saturday he stinks the place out, we dont win, yet Lukaku scores so somehow its all ok. He's poor form has contributed to our lack of points in the last month

When justifying Kone's position. Might have to start spelling it out ;)

Lukaku plays better and scores more goals with Kone in the team.

Whoever plays LM will need to be helping, er, Lukaku score goals as their primary function in the team.

So, why not keep a LM who is helping our striker score goals?

Happy to have explained it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back