Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see rotation with coleman gordon rich taken out. Like see dobbin welch get some game time. Massive weight off my shoulders for this now have spirit of the blues stuck in my head just great

Unsurprising from the bookies....

Correct Score: Arsenal 2-1 Everton (Sky Bet odds: 7/1)​

Arsenal's season is set to end in disappointment, with it highly likely they will miss out on the top four, but it's another campaign of improvement under Mikel Arteta.
arsenal xGD per game

Admittedly the improvements are incremental, and at a slow pace, but they are heading in the right direction.
They finish their season at the Emirates, and the Gunners have been excellent at home this term, with only Manchester City and Liverpool posting better underlying numbers than Mikel Arteta's side (2.11 xGF, 1.04 xGA per home game).
Everton head down south with safety guaranteed after a come-from-behind win over Crystal Palace on Thursday, so what version of the Toffees we get her is questionable.
Either way, they have been horrendous away from home under Frank Lampard, averaging 1.00 xGF and 2.11 xGA per game. Home win.

Would like to see rotation with coleman gordon rich taken out. Like see dobbin welch get some game time. Massive weight off my shoulders for this now have spirit of the blues stuck in my head just great
Yeah, I think the guys who have worked their socks off the past few weeks will be rested and I don't think anyone, including Spurs, could really complain if they are. I imagine Kenny will come in for Coleman, he's a proper blue so if he's leaving he deserves a goodbye. Richy was carrying an injury so I doubt he starts but again maybe 15 minutes to say goodbye if he's likely to leave. Probably same with DCL so could be a makeshift front line, expect to see Dele and hopefully Dobbin start.

I've got my deckchair, footstool, & copious amounts of alcoholic beverages at the ready for a chilled out Sunday. Never envisaged that a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.