Arshavin or Downing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Peanuts is good for us on the left. I would rather we got in some competiton/replacement for Carsley and Osman. Fernandes may work out in this respect. Steven Appiah looks like the sort of player I'm on about. I've heard also that part of the deal involving the disbanding of the G14 is that AFCON will be moved to a time of year more suited to European clubs - rightly or wrongly it would mean we we wouldn't have African players missing in January.

I think Peanuts is good for us on the left. I would rather we got in some competiton/replacement for Carsley and Osman. Fernandes may work out in this respect. Steven Appiah looks like the sort of player I'm on about. I've heard also that part of the deal involving the disbanding of the G14 is that AFCON will be moved to a time of year more suited to European clubs - rightly or wrongly it would mean we we wouldn't have African players missing in January.

Isnt Appiah out till the end of the season with a blood clot in his kneee or something!

yeah Appiahs on blood thining drugs, so even if he heads a ball he could die from a brain haemorrhage!! so hes a no go, who else is there?

Desaparecido ino pienaars excelent, but hes admitted himself he prefers to play in the middle, so we could still get a winger. also we need more strength in depth, when ossie was injured and Arteta banned we struggled, were pushing for CL, there will be more games, so they can all play. i think pienaar and osman complement each other when playing, good footballing brains.

So;

Arshavin Downing Ledley Sidwell Davies

if the papers are to be believed. More than one player coming in perhaps? or bored journalists?

Favourites from that list?

yeah Appiahs on blood thining drugs, so even if he heads a ball he could die from a brain haemorrhage!! so hes a no go, who else is there?

Frig me which blood-thinning drugs are these?! Is he on ten aspirin an hour?:lol:

That's interesting about what Stevie P said, but I get the impression from his attitude and work rate that he wouldn't mind playing out wide. I think that like Arteta playing on the wing allows him a little more time/space. I think he could be knocked about a bit in the middle.

I've not seen him, he's a young rising star at Cardiff and Wales. He gets a good mentions in the press

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/foot...same-old-story-for-a-new-year-91466-20313016/

"And he’ll see Joe Ledley become a vital figure for country and club – whichever club that may be.

However much you look at, it’s hard to see the 20-year-old still at Cardiff City after the summer.

All you have to hope is that he does go to a team where his talents are recognised and he doesn’t spend too much time on the bench.

Everton are rumoured to have joined the bidding for the youngster and, at first glance, would appear to be an ideal destination.

They have a good and thoughtful manager in David Moyes, while Ledley’s talents would perfectly supplement a midfield including the likes of Cahill, Mikel Arteta and Phil Neville."

Of course whether he could step straight into the side is another thing It would be a longer term purchase

Frig me which blood-thinning drugs are these?! Is he on ten aspirin an hour?:lol:

That's interesting about what Stevie P said, but I get the impression from his attitude and work rate that he wouldn't mind playing out wide. I think that like Arteta playing on the wing allows him a little more time/space. I think he could be knocked about a bit in the middle.

no Pienaar is ace, great attitude and i cant imagine him complaining if he was asked to play in goal ;) i can imagine him playing in the osman role though, as they are similar size maybe he wont be pushed around.

I've not seen him, he's a young rising star at Cardiff and Wales. He gets a good mentions in the press

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/foot...same-old-story-for-a-new-year-91466-20313016/

"And he’ll see Joe Ledley become a vital figure for country and club – whichever club that may be.

However much you look at, it’s hard to see the 20-year-old still at Cardiff City after the summer.

All you have to hope is that he does go to a team where his talents are recognised and he doesn’t spend too much time on the bench.

Everton are rumoured to have joined the bidding for the youngster and, at first glance, would appear to be an ideal destination.

They have a good and thoughtful manager in David Moyes, while Ledley’s talents would perfectly supplement a midfield including the likes of Cahill, Mikel Arteta and Phil Neville."

Of course whether he could step straight into the side is another thing It would be a longer term purchase

liked this bit:

"And he could be joining the FA Cup holders, with Moyes’ side looking a decent shout to take some silverware back to Merseyside."

I would not mind Huddleston of Spurs but to be honest I think Moyes knows who he wants and will only move for him if the price is right credit to Moyes hes as careful with club cash as most of us are with are own(y)

back to the point: if we were to bring in a winger/ attacking midfeilder who would it be?

agree with you Coyney moyes is careful with his resources, top, top manager(and scottish;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back