Arshavin or Downing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed I think Faddy did more damage than he would for us. I really haven't seen what all the fuss is about over him. Granted he is pacy but I think he lacks conviction. Arshavin by a country mile and even then you wonder if he can adapt his game to the English game.

Last edited:
Arshavin may have trouble adapting his game, but i think he would fit in well. he is proven on the big stage, 11 goals in 25 games UEFA cup, also 9 in 32 for russia (who he captains). for a player that has mainly started in midfeild, that is an impressive tally. looked at a link in a previons thread, he is good on the ball, close control and a good finish. also knows how to beat his man*

Well i think a lot depends on tomorow wheather we need extra cover if we win yes maybe if we dont then we should keep our hands in our pockets untill the summer. Not to sound pesimistic but we are not yet gaurennted Europeam Football next season and there is a posibility that next year we might not have a many games as next!

We've spent alot of money this year and not just on transfers. Cahill and Arteta got a raise, and I'm guessing Hibbo and Osman did too. Plus the squad is bigger. How much more do we have?

Never seen Ashavarin play. Downing uh I don't know. Spurs had a man crush on him and bid a few times to no avail. If they really do want him (maybe not becasue they bought Bale) I can't see us winning a bidding war with them unless we pay stupid money. He doesn't defend and sometimes gets lazy. He just doesn't seem like a Moyes's type player (then again neither did Yak). Also despite being a hometown boy he has frustrated Boro fans from time to time for his refusal to play defence.

the squad is stronger, but i dont think its that much bigger.

in:

Wessels
Jagielka
Baines
Pienaar
Graveson
Yakubu

out:

Beatie
McFadden
Naismith
Davies ( not shure wether he left before)

not counting fernandez, hes in and out, then in again. if iv got any wrong please tell me. ship out AVDM and bring in quality, i dont think grav will be back.

I think Peanuts is good for us on the left. I would rather we got in some competiton/replacement for Carsley and Osman. Fernandes may work out in this respect. Steven Appiah looks like the sort of player I'm on about. I've heard also that part of the deal involving the disbanding of the G14 is that AFCON will be moved to a time of year more suited to European clubs - rightly or wrongly it would mean we we wouldn't have African players missing in January.

Its the ANC that stopped wenger signing yobo.

Though now it appears we have another jewel in our defence, and admiring eyes are cast.

strangely, apart from moyes there was only o'neill interested when joleon was hankering for a move.

Edit: forgot to add

moyes said:
"Joleon has two-and-a-half years to go on his contract so we're not desperate about his situation," said Moyes.
"We'll be speaking again to him over the next month, but it won't be a problem."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back