2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

What on earth makes you think we'd want him back? At least one crucial error per match guaranteed.

We had his best years. He went to you for a big last payday. What did you expect? He's 32 ffs. Why are you spending so much on players past their prime? We replaced him with Mawson and are reaping the benefits of a player who is up and coming.

Ash was great for us, but that was then. He's still tidy. I think your problems lie deeper than Ash. He's useful to you now as a scapegoat. Personally I think your manager is trying to hard.

I'd take Siggy back in a heartbeat tho.

I think his head went just before the mistake. Lukaku was winding him up all game, and I think as his body wained so did his mentality.

Other than that, he was pretty solid - but it's obvious his best days are well behind him.

Ramiro-Funes-Mori-Everton-celeb.jpg

Pining for Funes Mori. Unbelievably depressing that it has come to this.

The centre back position was joint top priority in the summer, and we didn't even attempt to address it. Being linked with Vermaelen on deadline day confirmed that.

Let's get one thing straight. It makes no difference playing well for 75 minutes if you are going to directly cost us the game with another appalling error.

He is absolutely crap and needs replacing asap
Spot on no good having a good game for any time and gifting that vital 2nd goal like that - the fact we play to deep is the speed lack of it on the fact we have 3 over 30s at the back!

What on earth makes you think we'd want him back? At least one crucial error per match guaranteed.

We had his best years. He went to you for a big last payday. What did you expect? He's 32 ffs. Why are you spending so much on players past their prime? We replaced him with Mawson and are reaping the benefits of a player who is up and coming.

Ash was great for us, but that was then. He's still tidy. I think your problems lie deeper than Ash. He's useful to you now as a scapegoat. Personally I think your manager is trying to hard.

I'd take Siggy back in a heartbeat tho.

Sadly for your lot, you don't create chances, Bony is finished , Sanches can't pass to a white shirt, and you are dead certs for the drop.
I'd be more concerned with that if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back