2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

You got me MorgsGoat. Maybe he isn't any good, but just about everybody seems to think Williams is garbage so why not give another one of the young lads a chance. Maybe he is too young and inexperienced at CB for RK.

You got me MorgsGoat. Maybe he isn't any good, but just about everybody seems to think Williams is garbage so why not give another one of the young lads a chance. Maybe he is too young and inexperienced at CB for RK.

Its also cool to hate on Williams, hes not been great at all and I think it highlights just how eager Ronny was to get in another CB.

But hes not totally, totally bad, its just sadly as hes getting older his body isnt doing what he wants it to do, the boy Foulds might well make it, as someone above says you would think the next fella in line would maybe be Gibson who is very highly rated, also im not sure how Pennington is getting on at Leeds, then theres the 2 lads at Sunderland Galloway and Browning, whos reports havent been great if im honest sadly.

Regardless, it would appear to be the last season for both Williams and possibly Jagielka, so lets just "enjoy" their swansong and worry about the future, in the future.

I'd imagine Lewis Gibson is the next one along? Lad from Newcastle we got in the summer.
Can't see any youngster getting a look in ahead of him unless we are already qualified in europe going into the last group game when Koeman can pick a reserve side. We are stuck with him stinking the place out this season. I'd go as far to say he has been worse than Distin was in his final season so far this season and that shows how bad he has been. Doesn't look like he will improve much either.

Its also cool to hate on Williams, hes not been great at all and I think it highlights just how eager Ronny was to get in another CB.

But hes not totally, totally bad, its just sadly as hes getting older his body isnt doing what he wants it to do, the boy Foulds might well make it, as someone above says you would think the next fella in line would maybe be Gibson who is very highly rated, also im not sure how Pennington is getting on at Leeds, then theres the 2 lads at Sunderland Galloway and Browning, whos reports havent been great if im honest sadly.

Regardless, it would appear to be the last season for both Williams and possibly Jagielka, so lets just "enjoy" their swansong and worry about the future, in the future.
Agreed, just wondering if any of the young lads could replace him if absolutely needed due to injury or performance. I thought of the players out on loan, I guess we will have to wait and see (till next season).

I'm assuming by the lack of posts, that means he done o.k today?

Did nothing other than a couple of headers and fouls...Holgate bailed him out a couple of times running from right side of the box past Williams to make a couple of tackles.

In short, WIlliams was useless and Holgate must be knackered with Cuco and Williams either side of him today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back