2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a poor signing. He was already in decline big time in his final season at Swansea and it worries me that someone thought he was good enough for us. Sissoko another, Bolasie another. Anyway I digress.
Funnily enough I thought he played really well until the typical blunder late on. He's the the Joe Hart of centre backs only not as good. A clumsy centre half who always tries his best. Unbelievable that after 3 transfer windows with supposed money we're still left with him.

I know some will say it means nothing now but I'm a traditionalist and I'm genuinely disappointed he's Captain tonight.

I don't think his form since joining warrants such a privilege.

Might be just me.

Completely agree.

Being someone who shouts a bit doesn't make you captain. A captain should lead by example before anything else, this complete clown does the opposite.

I don't know who else I'd have picked. Maybe Davies despite his age or Stekelenburg who, while not great, at least hasn't been consistently woeful. Keane maybe. Just not Williams.

Average.webp

I know some will say it means nothing now but I'm a traditionalist and I'm genuinely disappointed he's Captain tonight.

I don't think his form since joining warrants such a privilege.

Might be just me.

Might be the making of him here. To be honest I don't think anyone of them deserves to be captain on performances alone. Wayne maybe, but he screwed that up, so lets see what Williams does.

He was actually ok playing for Wales this month, just hope between them they manage to put in a decent 90 mins without going AWOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back