Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley is a nice lad and I will always support our players no matter what, but he hasn't been the player I thought he would be.

Is it just age, or Koeman's management?

I can't believe that Ashley & and Jordan Henderson have been overlooked as nominees for the Ballon d'0r, considering that
the amazing Harry Kane and Saddo Mane have been nominated. Still it's been good to hear that Harry is enjoying his
elocution lessons from Ian Rush.

otamendi is diabolical, i'd challenge you to find a city fan who thinks he is superior to stones @stony

I didn't say he was better than Stones...

Same with Williams though, Otamendi being rubbish doesn't make Stones good.

Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who thinks defenders should just hoof the ball everywhere, Matthias Sammer is my favourite ever footballer for example, I just think for a "ball playing centre half" he is not that good. I find his defending and his footballing ability to have some major flaws that mean i don't rate him that much. Didn't rate him much when we had him either.

I take it that the big man had a bad game then? Not being Welsh or Irish, I could not be in the slightest bothered, but it's always nice to see one of our own, maintain his standards at international level.

I have no hatred of Ashley Williams. He was a decent defender at Swansea. Just not suited to us, and at the end of his useful life as a defender. He looks to have a problem with his weight/ fitness which may be age or injury related. I am sure he does his best, but alas, it is not good enough for us. If we didn't have such a bare cupboard for experienced central defenders, I would not expect him to feature for us very often. However, we have not replenished this position adequately and he will have to play. I hope he gets some support and love because he's going to need it.

He was okay last year, he really was. But for a guy that isn't athletic to begin with and already aging, to show up in less than peak condition this summer is a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back