Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't say he was better than Stones...

Same with Williams though, Otamendi being rubbish doesn't make Stones good.

Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who thinks defenders should just hoof the ball everywhere, Matthias Sammer is my favourite ever footballer for example, I just think for a "ball playing centre half" he is not that good. I find his defending and his footballing ability to have some major flaws that mean i don't rate him that much. Didn't rate him much when we had him either.
@
You certainly gave the impression you thought otemendi was playing better than stone's, but fair enough than, I think he will be top class, and it's indicative of the backwards attitude (not yours) of the British football fan that he became such a target

Last edited:
We definitely missed an opportunity with Shane Duffy who was immense last night.

Williams was actually decent up until his goal resulting error. Looks like Hendrick learned a lot from his visit to Goodison last week.

To be fair, he was playing against an extremely mediocre attack. Plus he's had to get a lot of his experience in lower divisions because he was nowhere near first team level when we shipped him out. If it wasn't for some abysmal buying strategy currently implemented by Everton, he'd still not even be under consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back