Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely last night was Williams finally delivering what he was hired to do... team Beserker...
He last got into his beserker frenzy when he played with a "broken" arm for Wales in the Euros, since then nothing... but that must have been what drew the management to buy him...
Whether he was hi on adrenaline or half-time "energy" supplement last night, this seems to be his thing.
Even when scored, he couldn't help himself, first thing he did was have another punch at Tousart at the goalside...

...and here’s me giving him MoM because he played like it matters.
I'd give him man of the match, for all the wrong reasons. Caused chaos, got the crowd up for it, should have been sent off, scored a goal, then played like a pub player at times. He is the representation of Everton's decline into a period of insanity.

If/ when Ronald goes, I will look at the use of Williams by Ronald's replacement as a key indicator to how successful he will be. I would hope it would be use in a no-nonsense defending way, and in attacking set pieces, until the first available chance to get a replacement in that is a serious upgrade, and let him go, unless injuries elsewhere really hamstring us into keeping him.

Everyone moaning about him KOing the keeper, if Big Dunc or Tim Cahill has done it they’d be a legend and you’d all be licking their arse lol

Loads on our forums were demanding a 'snide' in the team during Martinez' final season. Honestly loads saying we lack anyone with passion, who will get in amongst it.

But because Williams is the new fans favourite scapegoat his actions were disgraceful last night lol.

He's had a poor season, but was one of the better players last night and got the goal. If it wasn't for him and Pickford, we'd have probably lost 3 or 4-0.

Loads on our forums were demanding a 'snide' in the team during Martinez' final season. Honestly loads saying we lack anyone with passion, who will get in amongst it.

But because Williams is the new fans favourite scapegoat his actions were disgraceful last night lol.

He's had a poor season, but was one of the better players last night and got the goal. If it wasn't for him and Pickford, we'd have probably lost 3 or 4-0.

Spot on.

Said in another thread , I’m not a fan but he did alright last night and was the reason we looked the most likely to win the game . Even afterwards when I saw him on the telly , couldn’t hear him in the boozer , he looked liked it mattered in direct contrast to plenty of others we’ve seen both in and off the pitch lately.

I’ll happily give him stick when he needs it but for me last night performance wasn’t deserving .

Don't think Ive ever been as ashamed of an Everton player (and 'captain') as I was of that overweight clown Williams last night. And I've watched Brian Kidd play for us, never mind Dunc. But of course, those two could actually play a bit

Don't think Ive ever been as ashamed of an Everton player (and 'captain') as I was of that overweight clown Williams last night. And I've watched Brian Kidd play for us, never mind Dunc. But of course, those two could actually play a bit

Bingo. People saying we need a bit of snide must want Vinnie Jones on the pitch. Big difference between being a good player with an edge and element of aggression and passion to your play (Peter Reid anyone?) , than being an absolute idiot and nothing more than a thug.

Pushing over the goalkeeper for no reason and then beginning your goal celebration by laying a sly one on an opposition player is juvenile. Not his fault, but you look like an even bigger idiot when the opposition retake the lead less than ten minutes later and go on to win the game.

Plenty of different ways to show fight and passion other than what he did last night.

Not a Williams lover, not by any means. But those who are knocking his "Embarrassing" behaviour, need to have a look at themselves.

For me, that's him showing passion, which we've lacked for so long. You know what? It worked. Goodison, for a small period last night, was absolutely rocking, the tide was almost turning blue again, and had that ball rolled over the line off Sigurdsson's shot, in off the post, then Goodison would have been Fiorentina-esque.

As a whole, we weren't great last night, but it's nice th see the players are actually arsed. Williams isn't a good player, a liability as a whole, but I'm not knocking him because it riled the fans up, and gave us some renewed hope. Unlike what we'd previously been doing.

His stupid antic assaulting the Lyon keeper thus provoking the player confrontations and then the crowd trouble will get us in deep poo, ppo with UEFA.

It's Williams fault that we have a few mindless morons who can't control their actions in the stands.

That fan is a liability, and should any sanctions happen, he is to blame, not Williams ffs.

It's Williams fault that we have a few mindless morons who can't control their actions in the stands.

That fan is a liability, and should any sanctions happen, he is to blame, not Williams ffs.

No need to use letters to hide poor language. But let's be clear if Williams had not shoved their GK there would have no trouble of any sort. There would not have been the incentive for the fans behaviour.

No need to use letters to hide poor language. But let's be clear if Williams had not shoved their GK there would have no trouble of any sort. There would not have been the incentive for the fans behaviour.

Letters to hide bad language? What? It's a regularly used colloquial abbreviate you'll find most people use? So not sure what you're getting at there.

Oh if we're playing that game, if we'd have won every game this season, Koeman wouldn't be under any pressure, we'd be progressing to the next round and everything would be rosey.

What if the Lyon players don't react the way they do, and don't shove the players towards the fans. What if the Parent uses his head and responsibilities of being a parent, and decides to behave? Doesn't approach the players? Then we're not even having this discussion as far as i'm concerned.
You'll always get idiots, unfortunately, the fan was an idiot. Not every fan. Just him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back