Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Letters to hide bad language? What? It's a regularly used colloquial abbreviate you'll find most people use? So not sure what you're getting at there.

Oh if we're playing that game, if we'd have won every game this season, Koeman wouldn't be under any pressure, we'd be progressing to the next round and everything would be rosey.

What if the Lyon players don't react the way they do, and don't shove the players towards the fans. What if the Parent uses his head and responsibilities of being a parent, and decides to behave? Doesn't approach the players? Then we're not even having this discussion as far as i'm concerned.
You'll always get idiots, unfortunately, the fan was an idiot. Not every fan. Just him.

Barney, it is a question of cause and effect just like the previous post states by Daveysginger............

Williams assaulted their Gk, that was the cause and what followed was the effect. Williams was lucky not to get a red card and then we would have been down to ten men. When UEFA get into goodness knows what they will do. I understand also that the police have initiated inquiries into the incident.

For me, first and foremost, his shove on the keeper was incredibly dangerous. If he'd have landed awkwardly he could have been seriously injured.

Sure, show some fight and passion. Use your strength and aggression to dominate your opponent fairly. Don't be a tit.

It wasn't even a little shove either, should have been sent for deliberate and dangerous play.
Thought our coach who pulled him away was gonna have a go at him at one point.

Barney, it is a question of cause and effect just like the previous post states by Daveysginger............

Williams assaulted their Gk, that was the cause and what followed was the effect. Williams was lucky not to get a red card and then we would have been down to ten men. When UEFA get into goodness knows what they will do. I understand also that the police have initiated inquiries into the incident.

He "Assaulted" the goalkeeper?

No he acted poorly and probably went too far, but "Assault", he barged into him. An elderly lady in the street, 100% assault. A Professional Footballer, who is extremely fit? Not a chance.

Williams would never have gotten a Red Card for that Barge, and the reality is, Lyon players knew exactly what they were doing... time wasting. However, I agree, he was lucky to stay on the pitch for his role in the melee, because he acted foolishly. The bias in me, defends Williams, because had we won, we'd have had some life in us again. A Neville tackle moment, a Cahill at Sunderland moment. Unfortunately, we couldn't finish the job.

The idiot fan who needlessly got involved, well, he's banned and rightly so. Won't go into that, as i'm currently discussing that in another topic.
Uefa will probably give us another fine, because as previously said, Hajduk was a significantly worse scenario, and we got a slap. Spartak threw flares at the pitch, towards the ref, and got a fine.

So UEFA won't do anything significant here.

He "Assaulted" the goalkeeper?

No he acted poorly and probably went too far, but "Assault", he barged into him. An elderly lady in the street, 100% assault. A Professional Footballer, who is extremely fit? Not a chance.

Williams would never have gotten a Red Card for that Barge, and the reality is, Lyon players knew exactly what they were doing... time wasting. However, I agree, he was lucky to stay on the pitch for his role in the melee, because he acted foolishly. The bias in me, defends Williams, because had we won, we'd have had some life in us again. A Neville tackle moment, a Cahill at Sunderland moment. Unfortunately, we couldn't finish the job.

The idiot fan who needlessly got involved, well, he's banned and rightly so. Won't go into that, as i'm currently discussing that in another topic.
Uefa will probably give us another fine, because as previously said, Hajduk was a significantly worse scenario, and we got a slap. Spartak threw flares at the pitch, towards the ref, and got a fine.

So UEFA won't do anything significant here.

Sorry fella, have to disagree. He had no intention or chance of getting the ball, just shoved the keeper when in mid air. Completely unnecessary. Extremely dangerous too. Keeper lost control of his landing, could have bashed his head and swallowed his tongue (amongst other possibles).

Very different to honestly challenging for a header and falling awkwardly.

Sorry fella, have to disagree. He had no intention or chance of getting the ball, just shoved the keeper when in mid air. Completely unnecessary. Extremely dangerous too. Keeper lost control of his landing, could have bashed his head and swallowed his tongue (amongst other possibles).

Thank you Davey saves me replying. In fact it was a hand and forearm into the chest. If that had been outside on the street the Police would have done the perpetrator for assault if not bodily harm.

Again, the same again.

He could’ve. But he never. Every time you leave the house, you could be suspect to an unintended injury.

The reality was, he was rash. But, whereas I understand entirely where you’re coming from, the likelihood of that happening was very low.

From a footballing perspective, we needed a bit of snide. He did that and hyped the fans up. We needed that.

Safety first. But the overreaction by our fans is not when shocking. We’re doing terrible and we need something to fume over.

Nothing being said about the Lyon players throwing punches our way though... which by that same theory, could have caused rupturing of vital organs and cause life changing situations.

That’s radical, but what I’m getting at.

Everyone needs to swerve off Williams. He showed a bit off passion, let’s swwp him with 11 passionless Schneiderlin’s and roll over every game and bottle everything.

Thank you Davey saves me replying. In fact it was a hand and forearm into the chest. If that had been outside on the street the Police would have done the perpetrator for assault if not bodily harm.

I have nothing wrong with a difference in opinion. That's life.

However, I just hope you're consistent and aren't defending the fan with his child.

God people really don’t like Williams do they , he’s ‘assaulted’ their keeper and on the street he’d be ‘arrested’.

Williams got stuck in , was it perfect no but at least it got us on our feet and seemed to inspire the team to have a little go . It wouldn’t be the first time an Everton player at goodison has left something on an opponent or got stuck in and inspired the crowd.

I’ve read pages and pages over the years that we’re too nice and we need a bit of snide and then when we see something everybody seems to be going apoplectic like it’s the first time they’ve heard a ‘naughty word’ .

Williams will probably be awful at the weekend and then he can be hammered for making mistakes but this just seems well over the top.

Again, the same again.

He could’ve. But he never. Every time you leave the house, you could be suspect to an unintended injury.

The reality was, he was rash. But, whereas I understand entirely where you’re coming from, the likelihood of that happening was very low.

From a footballing perspective, we needed a bit of snide. He did that and hyped the fans up. We needed that.

Safety first. But the overreaction by our fans is not when shocking. We’re doing terrible and we need something to fume over.

Everyone needs to swerve off Williams. He showed a bit off passion, let’s swwp him with 11 passionless Schneiderlin’s and roll over every game and bottle everything.

Mate you beat me to my reply and stole my thunder but nice one .

Christ no, that truly was stupid.

Agree, the Lyon players were also stupid throwing punches. All in all very unsavoury.

Of course I don’t want to see players fighting week after week but I don’t remember anyone talking about pat getting arrested after causing that massive kick off at loftus Road the year we won the league . All we did was call him psycho pat , laugh about it and talk about team spirit . Different times hey .

Of course I don’t want to see players fighting week after week but I don’t remember anyone talking about pat getting arrested after causing that massive kick off at loftus Road the year we won the league . All we did was call him psycho pat , laugh about it and talk about team spirit . Different times hey .

We didn't have social media to wind each other up with for a start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back