Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he'd looked arsed at any other point of his time at the club, i might be willing to think last night was him showing passion for the team and just losing his head.

However he has always seemed like an arrogant sort who doesnt really care to me, so I am just gonna say he was just being a nob for no other reason than he probably is one.

A cynic might think he was showing his frustration at Wales' failure to qualify last week. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a poor first season then he turned up at pre-season with a spare tyre. Poor that. Nice header, though.

Sorry fella, have to disagree. He had no intention or chance of getting the ball, just shoved the keeper when in mid air. Completely unnecessary. Extremely dangerous too. Keeper lost control of his landing, could have bashed his head and swallowed his tongue (amongst other possibles).

Very different to honestly challenging for a header and falling awkwardly.
LOLOL

You're both acting like it's a non-contact sport where emotions don't run high. I'm guessing you have both played football yourselves, have you seriously never let the occasion of a physical game get to you, especially when a lot of other things have gone against you for a while?

It didn't look great from Williams, and I found his reaction to the goal uncalled for, but at that moment with the keeper, he was clearly trying to get us back in the game and the keeper cleverly nudged in to him which would have been annoying as he got the better of Williams. Calling it assault though and suggesting the keeper could potentially have died is ridiculous.

People are far too quick to stick the boot in to some of our players just because they have an issue with them.

Suggest you take a look at the video on youtube at the 2 minute mark, then tell us again that it was the GK who nudged Williams and by doing so ended up against the boarding and on the deck.

Suggest you take a look at the video on youtube at the 2 minute mark, then tell us again that it was the GK who nudged Williams and by doing so ended up against the boarding and on the deck.

My lad keeps saying this, that Williams pushed the keeper in retaliation to being pushed himself, I'm still trying to pin point where the keeper actually pushes Williams, still can't find it.

So he shoved the keeper. He got and deserved a yellow. He did a lot of stupid stuff after that, but the shove was certainly successful in terms of its effect. And it wasn't some intent to injure, he was trying to agitate the other team. Cheap? Yup. Dangerous? Please.

But honestly, that Lyon team was a friggin disgrace. Our over aggressiveness was a clear response to them diving around like a bunch of deer on ice. Wish we were better organized. Wish we were more under control. Wish we weren't giving the ball up so much in midfield and having to foul to stop the counter, but hey, at least we were fighting and playing hard.

But Williams played well. Should have been sent off later for the clothesline to Traore and a couple other things, but he played well, honestly. He was stuck in space trying to guard their forwards on several occassions and did very well. Shockingly well, really.

So he shoved the keeper. He got and deserved a yellow. He did a lot of stupid stuff after that, but the shove was certainly successful in terms of its effect. And it wasn't some intent to injure, he was trying to agitate the other team. Cheap? Yup. Dangerous? Please.

But honestly, that Lyon team was a friggin disgrace. Our over aggressiveness was a clear response to them diving around like a bunch of deer on ice. Wish we were better organized. Wish we were more under control. Wish we weren't giving the ball up so much in midfield and having to foul to stop the counter, but hey, at least we were fighting and playing hard.

But Williams played well. Should have been sent off later for the clothesline to Traore and a couple other things, but he played well, honestly. He was stuck in space trying to guard their forwards on several occassions and did very well. Shockingly well, really.

To paraphrase: he played well but was an utter bulb. 7/10.

Like it is going to make a difference, by the time we play Atalanta nobody will want to go anyway so closed doors and banning all the players matters not a jot

Surely it's going to be Jags and Keane for Sunday. Or if Koeman really wants to go out with a bang, he'll send out Ashley. Might bring back memories of Lescott at Goodison v Arsenal in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back