Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it's going to be Jags and Keane for Sunday. Or if Koeman really wants to go out with a bang, he'll send out Ashley. Might bring back memories of Lescott at Goodison v Arsenal in 2009.
Unless they come out with Giroud up front, no reason to play Ashley. And even then, no reason to play Ashley unless Keane is completely wiped from last night and still banged up.

Man do we need a CB.

Pickford
Kenny Keane Jags Baines
Gana. Davies
Vlasic. Siggy. Mirallas
Niasse
Yup. I'm down. Lookman could start in there instead of Vlasic or Mirallas and I'd be happy. He's going to need to play for sure.

Rooney wouldn't be crazy at some point, too.

Davies and Gana HAVE to enable Baines and Kenny to get up the field, though. And we cannot just give the darn ball away so cheaply in the middle.

So he shoved the keeper. He got and deserved a yellow. He did a lot of stupid stuff after that, but the shove was certainly successful in terms of its effect. And it wasn't some intent to injure, he was trying to agitate the other team. Cheap? Yup. Dangerous? Please.

But honestly, that Lyon team was a friggin disgrace. Our over aggressiveness was a clear response to them diving around like a bunch of deer on ice. Wish we were better organized. Wish we were more under control. Wish we weren't giving the ball up so much in midfield and having to foul to stop the counter, but hey, at least we were fighting and playing hard.

But Williams played well. Should have been sent off later for the clothesline to Traore and a couple other things, but he played well, honestly. He was stuck in space trying to guard their forwards on several occassions and did very well. Shockingly well, really.
Ah. Come on mate ! Are you fat heads agent ?

Yup. I'm down. Lookman could start in there instead of Vlasic or Mirallas and I'd be happy. He's going to need to play for sure.

Davies and Gana HAVE to enable Baines and Kenny to get up the field, though. And we cannot just give the darn ball away so cheaply in the middle.

that is why Baines doesn't push on the overlap anymore, nothing to do with being past it (he isnt) it is because he would be horrendously out of position when we (regularly) give the ball away

I mean, isn't that LITERALLY the reason why to have 2 DM's? To have each one give cover to the FB's?

So if the 2 DM's we have aren't there to protect the FB's, and they OBVIOULSY aren't there to help out the CB's....why the hell do we have 2 DM's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back