Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have watched a different player all through last season, where I though he brought much needed stability. He is a no nonsense defender, he was never brought in to be a replica Stones model, so why are people judging him that way. Yes he makes mistakes but so do all players.

This season for no apparant reason it seems that the obligatory scapegoat is Williams. Why no just get behind the team instead.
You're right mate, he wasn't a replacement for stones. But he didn't replicate his performances for Swansea with us for the majority of last season. His 'fitness' and performance last night gave real cause for concern. And this is from someone who was a Williams fan when we bought him.

I must have watched a different player all through last season, where I though he brought much needed stability. He is a no nonsense defender, he was never brought in to be a replica Stones model, so why are people judging him that way. Yes he makes mistakes but so do all players.

This season for no apparant reason it seems that the obligatory scapegoat is Williams. Why no just get behind the team instead.
Slow and laboured in and out of possession, looks so out of shape, hasn't brought an ounce of leadership like we thought he would and turns like a tug boat. Looks an accident waiting to happen, dreadful player

Just cemented to me, that this guy is terrible.
Jags, is 10 times the player Williams could ever wish to be.

Bit poo wasn't he?

Hopefully we're looking at other CB's, although we also need a 10 and a striker. It's going to be difficult for Koeman to bed all these in. I'm afraid we might have a slow start this season. It's to be expected though I guess considering the clear out we needed and all the new faces coming in

Not the answer to our left sided defensive position, ok for back up. Terribly slow, not particularly good in the air and an obvious fitness issue at the present moment.

Slow and laboured in and out of possession, looks so out of shape, hasn't brought an ounce of leadership like we thought he would and turns like a tug boat. Looks an accident waiting to happen, dreadful player

Reckon he's had one great game since he's been here and in that game he gave away a last minute pen and was sent off.

Didn't he head it off the line right at the death and score in that game?

Can't remember their goal so will take your word for it

He did score, aye. Can't remember who else blocked the shots at the end. Baines was one.

I'd put it in the 'good' pile. It's not very high.

Didn't mirallas lose a stone last pre season?

He will be back in shape for the new season in no time

Athletes can put on weight so easily in the off season but due to their high metabolism they can shed it quite quickly especially now they will be following a strict diet regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back