Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Says it all that this oaf is allowed to wear the armband.

We're so bad that people are actually enjoying the fact he "showed some fight" by acting like a complete moron. Another day and he would have been off.

Is that what we've been reduced to? Taking our pleasure from totally oafish behaviour? Jesus wept. That's pure stoke circa 2008 under Tony Pulis where leg breaking challenges were applauded by mutants.

We're so bad that people are actually enjoying the fact he "showed some fight" by acting like a complete moron. Another day and he would have been off.

Is that what we've been reduced to? Taking our pleasure from totally oafish behaviour? Jesus wept. That's pure stoke circa 2008 under Tony Pulis where leg breaking challenges were applauded by mutants.

He basically did a Mori..but worse.

About time somebody showed a bit of fight... sick of watching our lot roll over every week... the crowd responded and we scored shortly after.. personally I couldn't give a shiny one about the opposition.

Found myself thinking as I watched the incident and the melee, that Williams' 'challenge' on the keeper Lopes looked deliberate, almost calculated.
He must have known it would draw a reaction... part of me thinks he was willing to sacrifice himself to spark the crowd and his team mates.

After the melee, he was walking straight back towards the tunnel, in my opinion, fully expecting a straight red card.
He didn't get it, the melee ignited the crowd and the team, and four minutes later ironically it was he scoring the equaliser.

I was heavily involved in professional ice hockey for many years and it's an accepted part of hockey that if the team needs a kick in the backside, the enforcer will go out and drop the gloves with his opposite number. It is part and parcel of ice hockey, these guys play that specific role knowing full well that as a minimum they'll get a five-minute major penalty, or ejected from the game depending on the referees point of view.

The fight sparks the crowd into life and invariably has an effect upon the rest of the game.

I'm probably wrong, but Williams looked to me like he was taking one for the team, he had absolutely no need to take Lopes out the way he did, it looked a calculated gamble that paid off... until Cornet beat him to the byeline and Traore netted the winner.

Found myself thinking as I watched the incident and the melee, that Williams' 'challenge' on the keeper Lopes looked deliberate, almost calculated.
He must have known it would draw a reaction... part of me thinks he was willing to sacrifice himself to spark the crowd and his team mates.

After the melee, he was walking straight back towards the tunnel, in my opinion, fully expecting a straight red card.
He didn't get it, the melee ignited the crowd and the team, and four minutes later ironically it was he scoring the equaliser.

I was heavily involved in professional ice hockey for many years and it's an accepted part of hockey that if the team needs a kick in the backside, the enforcer will go out and drop the gloves with his opposite number. It is part and parcel of ice hockey, these guys play that specific role knowing full well that as a minimum they'll get a five-minute major penalty, or ejected from the game depending on the referees point of view.

The fight sparks the crowd into life and invariably has an effect upon the rest of the game.

I'm probably wrong, but Williams looked to me like he was taking one for the team, he had absolutely no need to take Lopes out the way he did, it looked a calculated gamble that paid off... until Cornet beat him to the byeline and Traore netted the winner.

Jesus, Andy....that is some conspiracy theory there old pal lol

And no....I do not think our Ash has it about him to be that Machiavellian :pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back