Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ashley Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shame he didn’t work out for us, thought it was a decent signing initially (on paper), but he has been woeful. He’s one of many that has no future with us.

Michael Keane looked decent at Burnley though, Williams has always been bang average throughout his career.
A bit over the top, he was a rock when Wales got the Euros Semi Finals a few years ago, both in the tournament and in the qualifying period. If he was bang average then, then so were some of the strikers he was up against.

I think we will sell him for a nominal fee and I hope the fella gets the chance to go back to Swansea and play out his career there. He got the chance to step up to a far bigger club and in the main has struggled, especially this season where he's looked way off the pace.

Got no hard feelings towards him so come on Swansea, give us a couple of quid and take your Ashley back.

I think we will sell him for a nominal fee and I hope the fella gets the chance to go back to Swansea and play out his career there. He got the chance to step up to a far bigger club and in the main has struggled, especially this season where he's looked way off the pace.

Got no hard feelings towards him so come on Swansea, give us a couple of quid and take your Ashley back.
Slightly unfair I think. Just because in his first season I thought he was quite good.

Slightly unfair I think. Just because in his first season I thought he was quite good.

Oh yes mate I think he done okay in the main last season and was solid. I just don't think he's ever properly settled and has found it a bit of a struggle to live up to playing for a much bigger club.

I thought it was great signing at the time and just what we needed.

I thought his time at the club was up when he returned to pre-season massively overweight. He isn't gifted as a centre half and relied on effect. I thought the overweight issue was him giving up the fight. He was over priced but he certainly isn't the worst player we have had but there is definitely no future for him in the premier league. Might be a Google buy for a championship side

Notice how much more solid we've looked the back without him in the team to single handedly throw the ball in his own net every game?

MLS or China beckons, no team in the league would want him now surely. Completely finished.

Sometimes a players final appearance for a club sums them up. Like Phil Nevilles’ horror show against Wigan, it’s fitting that Ash’s last game will be his dreadful performance and red card v Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back