2023/24 Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing a 38 year old player never ever makes sense in any context. Some of us were trying to point out that players of that age are more likely than not to completely drop off a cliff and be finished overnight, but people wouldn’t have it because “he was good for Villa last season bro”. People using Barry as a comparison who was 32 when we signed him, utterly clueless.

It’s complete nonsense to sign a 38 year old who isn’t a backup keeper, you’re signing a player that you immediately have to think about replacing because you know they aren’t going to be here beyond this season. Absolutely pathetic piece of business.
Villas fans were devastated to see him go, apparently.

I'm sure they've got over it.

I thought Dyche may have replaced Ashley Young a bit sooner than he did as he looked like he took a bit of knock; had a decent enough game though, in my opinion.

He managed the game well but that's 3 league games in a row where it is clear as day the opposition are targeting him, especially long balls over the top where they know he hasn't got the legs and they can pull Tarkowski out wide.

But then what is the solution? For as much as I'm worried about him at right back, the thought of Patterson going up against Diaz also gives me nightmares.

He keeps his place for now it seems.

He managed the game well but that's 3 league games in a row where it is clear as day the opposition are targeting him, especially long balls over the top where they know he hasn't got the legs and they can pull Tarkowski out wide.

But then what is the solution? For as much as I'm worried about him at right back, the thought of Patterson going up against Diaz also gives me nightmares.

He keeps his place for now it seems.
Patterson was excellent in the derby last year when he was up against Diaz.

Young had had an ok game vs Bournemouth who didn’t nothing in attack virtually all game. I’m having more nightmares about him up against Diaz to be honest with you.

38 year old Ashley Young at Anfield.

IMG_5140.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back