Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly made history as our oldest ever scorer last night. Alas he has to slot in at number two behind Walter Fielding's goal at 38 years and 305 days old against West Ham in a 3-2 victory on 27th September 1958, and ahead of Richard Gough's goal at 37 years and 138 days old in a 4-1 victory against Southampton on 21st August 1999.

In any case that's our oldest goalscorer for 65 years!

Nearly made history as our oldest ever scorer last night. Alas he has to slot in at number two behind Walter Fielding's goal at 38 years and 305 days old against West Ham in a 3-2 victory on 27th September 1958, and ahead of Richard Gough's goal at 37 years and 138 days old in a 4-1 victory against Southampton on 21st August 1999.

In any case that's our oldest goalscorer for 65 years!

What about Yakubu?

….the other major factor that could be tilting his preference over Patterson is his influence on the pitch. He must be a top pro to still be performing at this level, I assume he’s a player others look to.
Scored one - nearly two - goals. Played solidly at the back.

If Patterson ever gets into that sort of form then his vanishingly small band of champions on here would have solid ground to plead his case on.

Second half yes.

First half half he had two abysmal moments. That attempt to bring the ball down that bounced 10 yards off him on the edge of the box straight to two Burnley players.

And when their player made that long run and Young sprinted off his man who then received the ball free in the box after the pass was played through his legs.

Looked much more accomplished second half, certainly when he was moved further forward.

I think you're being a bit harsh there with some nitpicking. Overall I thought he was really solid and his years of experience comes through. On a free transfer and (I assume) a year or two max wages he's a great addition to the squad given where we are at the moment

Scored one - nearly two - goals. Played solidly at the back.

If Patterson ever gets into that sort of form then his vanishingly small band of champions on here would have solid ground to plead his case on.
V a poor Burnley 2nd string are you that naive Dave ? they were that bad he could play on the wing FGS - he looked better there than at right back ......

The question is, when he picks up his inevitable yellow card, will Dyche have learned his lesson or keep him on to get sent off?

As long as Young is 100% fit and not tired from Wednesday I'm not too outraged with him playing as long as he's taken off once booked, but it's frustrating to see Patterson given so little faith by the manager.

Both have been 5/10 at best this season but at least Patterson hasn't cost us with his ill discipline.

….the other major factor that could be tilting his preference over Patterson is his influence on the pitch. He must be a top pro to still be performing at this level, I assume he’s a player others look to.

Definitely improves other players performaces.

They must realise they have to give an extra 10% as this clown will lose the game for us otherwise.

Screenshot_20231104_143520_eBay.webp

You know its coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back