2024/25 Ashley Young

Same as last year but worse. Just doesn’t have the athleticism needed to be effective in the league especially at full back.

Father Time is undefeated. Young & Coleman are cooked at this level. Patterson & Dixon need to play & if neither are good enough or ready then we need to do something

His involvement with Everton is 100% Sean Dyche's fault, and for all the good things Dyche has done, this should be a weighty reminder of his failings
Yeah, I fail to see anything positive that Young has brought to the club in his time. Whatever about taking a misguided punt on a player, when it becomes clear that the punt hasn't worked it's unforgiveable to persist with the failed experiment.

Young shouldn't start for Everton again.

Yeah, I fail to see anything positive that Young has brought to the club in his time. Whatever about taking a misguided punt on a player, when it becomes clear that the punt hasn't worked it's unforgiveable to persist with the failed experiment.

It should have been obvious after he got sent off in last years away derby the persistance with him is genuinely nuts

Agree with every word, however I fully expect 20+ starts and him playing in at least four different positions.

Should never have been given an extension
I'm a nutshell yes, because even if dirt cheap, say 30k, over a season that's 1.6m quid that could have gone somewhere else rather than a player whose net contribution is to make the team worse - suicidal balls across field last season, reds this and last numerous free kicks, should last season have been responsible for us giving two pens away to forest and imo that would have had a catastrophic effect (hindsight shows we were safe but who knows if that game went how it should what the seasons turns out from there like) and routinely getting skinned by any half decent player

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back