2024/25 Ashley Young

The epitome of being ‘finished’

Like the punched out boxer who still thinks they have 1 good fight left in them (but don’t)

Would be great if he did the same as Ben Foster did at Wrexham and acknowledge that he’s hung on a bit too long and hang up the boots.

That could hopefully lead to us dealing with RB problem.

….an outstanding career, the dashing winger who scored a late winner against us for Villa at Goodison;

39 England caps, World Cup and Euro finals appearances.
Man Utd; PL winner, FA Cup winner, EFL Cup winner; EUFA Euro League winner.
Inter Milan; Serie A winner.

Bit of a shame his legacy is tainted by his time with us. He should be back-up, it’s a dreadful indictment of our recruitment team that we haven’t transitioned from Coleman.

Surely he is backup though, it's just that the 3 or 4 in front of him are all currently injured?

After that kind of performance though, you wonder why we can't have younger players like Dixon making similar mistakes but at least having the potential to learn and progress

Surely he is backup though, it's just that the 3 or 4 in front of him are all currently injured?

After that kind of performance though, you wonder why we can't have younger players like Dixon making similar mistakes but at least having the potential to learn and progress
Dixon would be dropped and wouldn’t be near the team again all season if he looked like that yesterday. Was same last season, fine as a back up in an emergency but that’s not how Dyche sees him. Was short sighted last season to play him instead of Patterson, no worse and with a run of games you either see improvement/progression or you don’t. Dixon has no chance of getting a game - Dyche would sooner play himself at right back.

Dixon would be dropped and wouldn’t be near the team again all season if he looked like that yesterday. Was same last season, fine as a back up in an emergency but that’s not how Dyche sees him. Was short sighted last season to play him instead of Patterson, no worse and with a run of games you either see improvement/progression or you don’t. Dixon has no chance of getting a game - Dyche would sooner play himself at right back.
Disagree with this, Dyche hasn't got Premier League experience.

….not sure he is back-up, especially with Coleman being fragile. As we saw last season, he’s clearly ahead of Patterson when both are fit.

Dixon is a terrific runner but watching him last season he’s probably a way off being considered good enough.

The real answer is bringing an effective RB in. Until that happens, Young is sadly the best we have available at this moment. Amazing it’s a position we’ve failed to fill.

He always had a crap spiteful attitude, he got away with it for united because he was protected by the refs and allowed to get away with it during a period where they could do no wrong. Now he plays for us he doesn’t get that luxury coupled with the fact that his legs have gone and he’s just left with his spoilt brat attitude he’s a menace and a hindrance. He has to be dropped now because otherwise this won’t be his only red card this season. Also the free kicks in dangerous areas he will give away this season will soon mount up. An all round waste of space on a football pitch, what the hell were the club thinking extending this fraud is beyond me. Totally unlikeable over the hill former footballer.

Only at Everton would a 39 year old back up to a 35 year old, still be getting minutes.

Worse is still to come as well, Everton won't be out there looking for an emergency right back. Nope, it'll be Mason Holgate there against Spurs next week.
And then straight back to Young for the Bournemouth and Doncaster games.

And then straight back to Young for the Bournemouth and Doncaster games.

Once Garner is fit, 100% he'll shoehorn him to right back until Tim has a dip in form then he'll move Garner back into midfield.

Honestly I don't even know why I'm complaining, I've completely given up on Everton. Game 1 and I'm already looking forward to the end of the season and not worrying about Everton. Yesterday was just am absolute farce, from the same predictable line up, the same pub team tactics, the same players meandering around without a clue, the same predictable subs, the inevitability of Ashley Young looking like a complete tool yet again.

Next week is Spurs away, we don't win at Spurs so give a couple of the academy lads some minutes like Dixon and Armstrong because I guarantee we'll be needing to use some of these kids throughout the season

You're telling me Dixon would have done worse? Ashley young has abundant experience but it has taken a toll on his body and now he resorts to the Gareth Barry desperation lunges when he Is easily out maneuvered
His desperation lunges are because his a winger. He is only playing fullback coz his legs are gone and he won't give up the game. Like yesterday, a full back would put a head on it, and get rid. Not our Ashley, trys to bring a difficult ball down on his chest when last man.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back