Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope for a solid game in defence- with no goals against us and we'll score for sure - Jelavic if fit and Osman and Fellaini.
I'm in such a good mood - I think we'll end them 0-3

Vlaar looked shaky the other day against West Ham, id put Fellaini on him. The rest should all fall into place. We are better than them in every position on the pitch, no reason why we cant get 3 points. But Villa Park does seem to be a bogey ground for us.

Aston Villa striker Nathan Delfouneso will boost manager Paul Lambert's attacking options after being cleared to face Everton.

The forward missed last weekend's Barclays Premier League opening defeat against West Ham with a thigh problem but, like defender Chris Herd, will be included in the squad for the Villa Park clash.

Striker Gabriel Agbonlahor (knee), defender Richard Dunne (groin) and winger Marc Albrighton (foot) are still sidelined while youngster Samir Carruthers has an ankle problem.

Villa look there for the taking:

____________Given
____Lowton Vlaar Clark Baker
Holman El Ahmadi Delph N'Zogbia
_______Ireland
_____________Bent

Agbonlahor, Dunne and Albrighton are definitely out. I'd expect us to dominate the game and for Pienaar and Fellaini to give the young Villa defenders nightmares. The only way I see them getting anything out of the game is if they nick a goal and sit on it or if we stroll through the game, thinking we've done the hard work against United.

Apparently we only face one team (Newcastle) who finished above us last season in the next 11 games and we beat them comfortably in the corresponding fixture last time round.

WE did something similar two seasons ago, can't actually remember last year's game.

WE're unbeaten in our last ten games, Villa haven't won in their last ten games. Both runs should be extended by this time tomorrow.

WE did something similar two seasons ago, can't actually remember last year's game.

WE're unbeaten in our last ten games, Villa haven't won in their last ten games. Both runs should be extended by this time tomorrow.

I'd second this but Lambert aint a bad manager. Still it may take time to put his stamp on the club. Any idea which of the clowns in black we're going to have?

Really excited for this one, the first game of the season that i'll be able to watch in full, live (was at work for the MU game).

Obviously would love a win, but a draw wouldn't stop our early momentum. A late Mirallas winner off the bench would be priceless.

Trash these clowns, Everton.

I've just finished watching our infamous 3-2 defeat to Aston Villa on ESPN Classic where Young scored on the last kick of the game and now I'm fuming.

COME ON DEEZ R SH*T DEEZ!!!

With the incredible talent of Gary Gardner out for 9 months we have a good chance of doing these now.

Villa really are crap.

On the strength of the last game, form from last year and recent additions to the squad I'm going for an Everton win.

9-0 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back