Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the incredible talent of Gary Gardner out for 9 months we have a good chance of doing these now.

Villa really are crap.

He's on the bench for them he's only 19 and just started his career, no loss for them really, just gives Lambert more incentive to go into the market during next week.

Was it last season when we played them off the park and somehow lost 1-0?

One of the oddest results I can remember.

Year before last. 1 - 1 last year. They are there for the taking but think people are a little too confident. We've won once in over 20 years there! Anyone who saw that 1-0 game you mention will know that you can never be confident against these clowns. Talk about bogey side

El Ahmadi and Vlaar are good players, the later being a nutter, pretty much the backbone of the Feyenoord team that came second last season, Brett Holman is better than Downing I feel which isn't saying much lately, and a bit of a blow for AZ to lose him (yeah I watch Dutch football) so I think its a wee bit unfair to judge'em after one game, just like us against United.

Villa supposedly passed it around pretty nicely in their 1st match and there is a bit of optimism there. Its almost like every single Villa-Everton prem match ends up 2-2. So 2-2.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/261569/teams

Don't know half that team so i'm assuming they're gash, and of the players i do know only Bent and Given are good players with N'Zogbia and Ireland ok if they're having a good day.

That is a shocking Villa side. They've really gone downhill since losing Ashley Young, Friedel, Downing, Milner and Barry.

Bent is still their biggest threat and he likes scoring against us, hopefully Jags will keep him quiet.

I fancy Jelavic to open his account for this season, 2-0 Blues win.

Nice one Chico , notice a lot of hatred for the Villa on here , can't myself as they were my Da's team and couple sound mates follow them too .

I think they have an awful squad right now , and they need to do something about it before next week or they could be in trouble .

Still won't be easy , never is with these but still buzzing off last week so can't go for anything but a blues win .

Villa 0 Everton 2 , Jelavic , Baines , COYB .

I've just finished watching our infamous 3-2 defeat to Aston Villa on ESPN Classic where Young scored on the last kick of the game and now I'm fuming.

I feel sick just thinking about that game. Was celebrating like a mad man when Lescott scored and didn't even realise that Young had gone down the other end and scored!

Have to beat these when you look at their back four but our record at Villa Park is dreadful. 1 win in 25 years or something?

Was it last season when we played them off the park and somehow lost 1-0?

One of the oddest results I can remember.

Was that the one Pienaar hit the post? Terrible, terrible result considering we were dominating.

I'm working for this one, gutted that I'm missing it. Feeling a 3-1 win though.

There's a very good reason why we, as fans, are bipolar. The team is. so the result is depending entirely on which Everton turns up. Come on Mr Hyde, nasty them to death. leave that nice Dr Jeckyll (with his dodgy back passes and missed chances) at home.

If we turn up with the right attitude there are two reasons why we should smash them..
1. they are badly gash
2. I'm not kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back