Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a lot of optimism in that thread.. a lot of their fans don't think they can score a goal.

I watched them v West Ham and it doesn't look like they can. Bent is completely isolated up front and an isolated Darren Bent is useless. They'll probably switch to two up front and play Andreas Weimann, who I rate highly for what it's worth.

I'm a season ticket holder and this is my first away game I'm going to... Well excited. I plan on going to all the away games this season too - have got my WBA ticket. I watched the extended highlights of Villa v West Ham on Football First and Villa looked very poor. As has been mentioned Bent was isolated with Ireland playing in the hole. Delph and N'Zogbia in midfield have a lot to prove. El Ahmadi is supposed to be a good acquisition so will watch out for him. But what about their back four? Surely Jelavic will be rubbing his hands together as it has no Warnock nor Dunne.

At the way we played against Man Utd, some promising football on the deck, some nice through balls as well as some surprisingly accurate hoofs to Felli, I'm starting to think we can do really well this season. I hate getting optimistic about Everton. We should smash these everywhere.

*Cue 2-1 loss

Fuming I can't see this. If we don't score in the first 20 I can see it being a difficult game. Their fans will get right behind them as soon as they start playing okay.

99 Away wins for Everton in the Premier League.
199 Wins in all competitions by Everton under the management of David Moyes.
299 Everton league goals against Aston Villa.

Is it me or is it fate? We'll score 399 against them. Easy.

I'm a season ticket holder and this is my first away game I'm going to... Well excited. I plan on going to all the away games this season too - have got my WBA ticket. I watched the extended highlights of Villa v West Ham on Football First and Villa looked very poor. As has been mentioned Bent was isolated with Ireland playing in the hole. Delph and N'Zogbia in midfield have a lot to prove. El Ahmadi is supposed to be a good acquisition so will watch out for him. But what about their back four? Surely Jelavic will be rubbing his hands together as it has no Warnock nor Dunne.

I watched the full game, for the first half, Villa weren't bad they just needed cutting edge - but they didn't show it all of it, southern biased editing if you will, but then West Ham got the goal and just defended, No Dunne or Warnock, but there is Vlaar , Lowton and Clark.

If I got to choose three sides we could dish a proper lesson out to on thier own soil Villa would deffo be one.

The R/S and Newcastle the others.

New to GOT. Great read, great pics. Thanks for the write-up.

"Swim and keep fit at your local Baths." I guess those were the days before the Golden Arches. History is quite the teacher, eh?

I seen you're all eager to talk about it and felt guilty at being a lazy tit. So I just done it. Don't get used to it.

Good preview mate. Like others I was a bit worried and thought we might be playing tonight. Glad to learn I've not lost a couple of days somewhere. It'll probably be 2-1 to Villa, it's the Everton way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back