Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still on a high from Monday night to be honest, but how the team hopefully keeps their collective feet on the ground against Villa will be the key to kicking on from here, I think. I reckon we're in with a shout of an away win there if this is approached properly.

Maybe stating the obvious but the first goal is going to be so important. They lost on Saturday and are at home so there is real pressure on them to get a result in lamberts first home game. If we score first I can see a comfortable win for us, but if they score first I see a draw at best for us!

From their forum:

Everton - too big, too strong, too organised, too much quality, too good. A very comfortable 2-0 win for the toffees.
<smiles>

My prediction:
Aston Villa 1 - 2 Everton.

“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.â€￾ - Auric Goldfinger

That said, lets get into them and make us a coincidence at Villa. 1 - 2.

Lerner will make Villa the Cleveland Browns of the Prem. Villa Park will be a factory of sadness. Look how its gone since MON spit the dummy.

always do ****e against these, our bogey team like we are to sunderland. Pain int' arse 'cos their squad is so so poor at the moment yet we still probably will come out with a point at best.

ah nice one mate never thought of that !!!

fair few places mate. Went 2 years back and tipped up a bit late, 10-15 mins before kick off, woulda thought it of been chokka but it wasn't and just found a place close-ish for a 10er. Was coming from London mind.

I've got a mate who moved from Birmingham to Sydney... reckons they're in for sure... would be nice to rub it in his face -> 2-0 Everton

For anyone interested in the views of their lot, here's the match thread on arguably the Villa equivalent of GOT:

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=73356&start=30
Overall about 1% of optimism in this thread, and I'm unsure if they're serious when saying basically "we suck" and then continuing with "2:0 to us". How does that work ffs?
Everton are notoriously slow starters.

Not against us though I f*cking bet
Have they not watched the game against Utd? We didn't look like we started slow, like we usually do.

And imo - we will [Poor language removed] this up somehow, because this is Everton, and we will lose or barely draw, returning to our misery, moaning and general Evertonian-ness. They are a bogey team after all, remember this.

Hopefully though we will, again, surprise the football world and win (SECOND TIME IN A ROW IF IT HAPPENS LADS, IT'S ON). By that prediction - 3:0, Mirallas to make some sort of impact, and hopefully a goal from The Big Belg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back