Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i reckon he'll make his debut vs Orient in the cup. Not sure when his league debut will be though. could be a while like you say.

I think he'll make his debut this weekend mate but Moyes isn't likely to throw him in from the start and keep him there. He'll surely ease him in.

A month before he's a guaranteed starter each week, I mean.

Can't see Moyes throwing him in quickly. It's not his style.

He often does it mate, I know its a different fee, but Fellaini played from Day 1, also, again, clearly we NEEDED him, but Jelavic was also thrown in as soon as he recovered from injury.

I know you meant regular starter and I know, im possibly getting carried away, by a player who I must admit havent had a great look at, so forgive my excitement, but Marillas will be a BOSS.

Neither is winning before January, but that's seemingly changed as well. :lol:

We'll see mate. I loved the Man U result and it was a nice change but that doesn't mean everything else about Moyes will change.

That's part of the reason I can see a stale 1-1 draw here.

Villa are as dreadful as I've ever seen them. They've invested a lot in a number of young players, many of whom don't look ready for anything higher than League One. I'm sure the likes of Baker and Weimann will come good eventually, but they're far from the finished article. Ron Vlaar was a good signing, but I'm backing Felli to do a number on him. 2-0 win.

Really looking forward to this one. We never find it easy at Villa Park, so will be interesting to see if we can follow up a great opening game by going there and taking all 3 points.

Can't see Mirallas starting, last half an hour I reckon.

I'm hoping Moyes plays him as a second half sub even if the game is in a draw, but I fear he'll be playing safety first and go defensive.

We'll see mate. I loved the Man U result and it was a nice change but that doesn't mean everything else about Moyes will change.

That's part of the reason I can see a stale 1-1 draw here.

The only thing that changed with the United game was the timing of it.

I said before the game how we played would have no bearing on the rest of our season, its the next few games which will show us if anything is gonna be different this year.

The only thing that changed with the United game was the timing of it.

I said before the game how we played would have no bearing on the rest of our season, its the next few games which will show us if anything is gonna be different this year.

Yep. The previous bad opening days have all been against relegation battlers who we've been expected to beat. The Arsenal game aside, but then we never get the better of them and it was particularly bad timing with Lescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back