Aston Villa 1-3 Everton. 25th August @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through their arl photos I found this very unfortunate mascot they once had too. I left this one out.

Aston-Villa-mascot-Darkie.jpg

Ha ha, did u get this from a harry enfield sketch? brilliant

Cant see us winning, even though we have a better squad. Would take a draw really unless we are 1 up with 10 to go. 4 Points from United and Villa would be a good positive start, with the progress leading to a win over Orient with a couple of youth getting a run out, and 3 points at home to Albion.

Albion is away mate, next home is barcodes

My money's on both. I've never seen a more one sided game then the one we somehow contrived to lose 1-0 a few years back.

The Villa hoodoo, my friend.

Does my flipping nut in.

I'd love to smash them though. Just once, give them the 5-0 hammering they're owed.

Really hate Villa, plus I have a few Villa fan mates, so it's be so refreshing to see us go to Villa park and produce a performance like we did in 2005 (was it?) when Osman and Cahill ripped them to shreds. They were awful last year, and unless they invest heavily before the deadline I can see them going into the second half of the season near the bottom.

I would begrudgingly accept a point, but know were more than good enough to take all three if we turn up on the day.

My money's on both. I've never seen a more one sided game then the one we somehow contrived to lose 1-0 a few years back.

Horrible game. We were terrific and they literally didn't move out their own half and scored a **** goal because Fellaini didn't track his man... a typical Everton 'slow starter' that game. Left me feeling cheated, but then Villa always do. The 2-3 defeat when Lescott equalised in injury time, and Ashley Young stole the winner...I don't think I've ever, ever felt worse. It was indescribably painful. To the Villa, of all teams. Such an unlucky game, we were so much better, first off Sidwell scores some unreal 30 yarder, then Jagielka turns around and gives Agbombawhore the ball with no-one around him and an easy tap in, then double-goalscoring hero Joleon (at the time my favourite Everton player without a doubt) gets megged by Tom Daley's malteser-headed alter ego... horrible.

Really hate Villa, plus I have a few Villa fan mates, so it's be so refreshing to see us go to Villa park and produce a performance like we did in 2005 (was it?) when Osman and Cahill ripped them to shreds. They were awful last year, and unless they invest heavily before the deadline I can see them going into the second half of the season near the bottom.

I would begrudgingly accept a point, but know were more than good enough to take all three if we turn up on the day.

Yeah that was a great game, Ossie was superb, that was the season we finished 4th. We also lost to them at home that year thanks to a Lee Hendrie 30-yarder, I think. The following season we dismantled a truly **** O'leary team 4-1 (Ossie again fantastic. So was McFadden, Cahill and Arteta. That year was the start of our 'start bad, finish great' approach. We were rooted to the foot of the table until Christmas, until we beat Sunderland very jammily, Timmy broke out the famous boxing corner flag celebration, and we pretty much went unbeaten until the end of the year), it was actually Agbombawhore's first appearence as plucky yet deformed-looking 17 year old if I remember correctly. Dicky Dunce in goal let in a typical howler, the only blemish on a generally excellent performance.

After that, we have been terrible against them. Not a single win, home or away, in any competition aside from our 3-1 FA Cup victory on the way to the final. Every season, year on year, we always give a great account of ourselves against Villa and I'm always left feeling desperately unlucky. It's actually got worse as time's gone on. They used to be equal to us, and just score misreably late (the 2-3, and also the year before the 2-2 with Neville & Yobo scoring, before John Carew got an injury time equaliser) but the 3-3 at VIlla Park a few years back was just a robbery, not to mention the games at Goodison we continually throw away. Another 2-2 last year...so undeserved.

Alas. We've traded a deservedly good record against Villa for a somewhat undeservedly good record at, say, Man City. Everyone has their bogey teams; Villa are ours. I am desperate to finally break the curse.

We will win this by a goal i think, Villa don't look good and hopefully the lads will be buzzing off the win on Monday a little bit still to see us through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back