Match Thread Aston Villa 3-2 Everton. Saturday 14th September 17:30

Think we could nick this one 0-3
I can't imagine who is going to get our goals though
The rest of the league will be sitting up and taking note of us come 4.55 Saturday...I'm confident we will not concede a goal before then

What way do you want that to be done though? With possession?
With a real plan to threaten and score goals while being able to potentially keep them out at our end without the plan being pack the penalty area with as many bodies as possible. There are dozens of ways to approach a game that can give you a chance to win. I’d love a manager who uses one.

With a real plan to threaten and score goals while being able to potentially keep them out at our end without the plan being pack the penalty area with as many bodies as possible. There are dozens of ways to approach a game that can give you a chance to win. I’d love a manager who uses one.
So the times we've won away before, including villa away, you would not like him to use that approach? We've played 1 away game so far this season

I fecking hope Keane isn’t on the start sheet, Villas eyes will light up if he is.

He had a terrible game there last season. It was so bad he was dropped and Branthwaite started the next game and then the excellent run of clean sheets started shortly afterwards.

Would Dyche have made that change as quickly if it had ended 0-0 or even 1-0 defeat, I'm not sure. Now Branthy is proven so he'll be back in as soon as he's even 90% I reckon (tomorrow probably too soon for that).

Fair but of the sticks to beat Dyche with, I think he has made us competitive away from home.

In his first 12 months he did. 9 months since last away win in the league so it's starting to creep up to how bad things were under FSW/Lampard on the road.

You can get away with poor away form if the team are winning every other game at home but that isn't the case currently.

In his first 12 months he did. 9 months since last away win in the league so it's starting to creep up to how bad things were under FSW/Lampard on the road.

You can get away with poor away form if the team are winning every other game at home but that isn't the case currently.
We picked up some important points on the road tho as well after December. Fulham and Newcastle away were decent points

He had a terrible game there last season. It was so bad he was dropped and Branthwaite started the next game and then the excellent run of clean sheets started shortly afterwards.

Would Dyche have made that change as quickly if it had ended 0-0 or even 1-0 defeat, I'm not sure. Now Branthy is proven so he'll be back in as soon as he's even 90% I reckon (tomorrow probably too soon for that).
Directly responsible for two of the goals. Young totally ballsed up for another.

Villa must be overjoyed at the prospect of that pair again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back