Match Thread Aston Villa vs. Everton - Carabao Cup Third Round

Your MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We should be trying to win every game. Losing begets losing.
We could easily lose with our best team tonight.

But think back to last season. Things began to go badly wrong for Lampard when he changed the entire team for Bournemouth in the cup. We got thrashed in the cup and everyone felt demoralised and it led to us then getting thumped again in the league on the Saturday.

I dont think Lampard won another match after that.

They could be rested tonight and get injured in training tomorrow.

If they play tonight they will have the day off tomorrow.

For me tonight should be about momentum and trying to win some silverwear.

For those advocating players needing to be restsd, tell that to the 4.5k Evertonians who will have spent best part of £100 on ticket, coach and food.

There's a reason we've sold out even though every fibre in your body tells you it's stupid to go.

Its because we are desperate to cling onto any kind of positivity, a chance of a rare away win. Maybe we win tonight and we get a nice easy home tie for the next game.

I mentioned it yesterday, when was the last time we won 2 away games on the spin? Wins breed confidence, confidence then assists momentum and ffs as a club we could all do with the momentum pointing in the right direction for a change.

Let's go there tonight and give it a proper good go and see where that gets us.

We could easily lose with our best team tonight.

But think back to last season. Things began to go badly wrong for Lampard when he changed the entire team for Bournemouth in the cup. We got thrashed in the cup and everyone felt demoralised and it led to us then getting thumped again in the league on the Saturday.

I dont think Lampard won another match after that.

Exactly, he never recovered from that. Usual soundbites of "well I gave people a chance to impress and they haven't so they won't get a chance" then that in turn put massive pressure on the usual suspects who couldn't cope and we were soundly beaten by Bournemouth just as much on the Saturday as we were in the cup a few days earlier.

Lampard completely read the room wrong and never recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.